Slater Was Better than Stewart in Origin 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing that surprised me last night with Brett was the way he return kicks, if the little fella has one chink in his game it is his kick
Return but last night he looked threatening and ran hard. It scared the hell out of me because I don't trust those bloody knees of his.

torana355 said:
jbb/james said:
If there is one criticism I have of brett last night was his failure to be there for any half breaks. He just dint trail anyone around the ruck and it is a strength of his. It wasnt that it didnt come his way, he just didnt put himself in the frame and players like bird, hayne, tamau,Lewis, merrin etc, were crying out for a speed man to support them through the middle

He trailed glen a lot ( which is understandable) but glen was crabbing across field rather than splitting them up the guts

He could have been a hero last night with the amount of half breaks that went un supported

I hate to say it but he lacked intensity in defense. He didn't even attempt to run across to try and stop two of QLD's tries. Also he would have scored that try he missed if he didn't jog for the first few meters. Before people bite my head off watch the reply of QLD's tries, he just didn't seem interested. :(

Having the referee (Cecchin?) running nearly the same line as him didn't help to quickly get into position for that missed try. If you look at the youtube clip that EagleFromMay1967 posted in Post: #18 to this thread, you will notice that it was Brett who saw the opportunity for the try and signalled to Jennings to kick it infield as he was in the clear to score but Jennings basically only toed it forward and if it hadn't have bounced slightly further infield then it would have only ended up about a metre infield from the sideline and there was no way Brett would have had any chance of getting near it.

Jethro said:
2830 Eagle said:
Slater dogged it every time he had to run the ball back

Exactly. The gutless grub is like "Oh no, I'm going to get smashed. Here, (passes the ball to team mate) you have the ball. I don't want to get hurt"

Reminds me of just about every game Slater has played at Brookvale.

Ok i do see what you are saying about Jennings not kicking the ball infield but it was Snakes lack of enthusiasm in defense that i was actually more worried about. In games for Manly he will sprint to the wing to try and help stop a try but he didn't seem to do that last night. Perhaps im just being silly, i don't know.

MadMarcus said:
I'm not sure what they expected out of Jamie Buhrer to give him 3...

1 point for every minute played

Is it only me - or did anyone else think Thaiday didn't even ground the ball? He doesn't grab it, seems to roll over the top of it and Snake takes the ball and scores

torana355 said:
Ok i do see what you are saying about Jennings not kicking the ball infield but it was Snakes lack of enthusiasm in defense that i was actually more worried about. In games for Manly he will sprint to the wing to try and help stop a try but he didn't seem to do that last night. Perhaps im just being silly, i don't know.

You are sounding like Darren buddy. I ask again did you see him smash Thaiday.

voicefromthehill said:
MadMarcus said:

Is it only me - or did anyone else think Thaiday didn't even ground the ball? He doesn't grab it, seems to roll over the top of it and Snake takes the ball and scores

Not just you I said last night that Thugday never grounded it properly. It was a try to Snake but hardly a surprising decision considering the rest of the fiasco of officialdom last night. If it had of been Slagger or Grubglis that was in Brett's position the video joke would have given them a try for sure. As for Thugday being allowed to try and unscrew every blues player's head off in just about every tackle I am just sick of watching this ****.

mickqld said:
voicefromthehill said:
MadMarcus said:

Not just you I said last night that Thugday never grounded it properly. It was a try to Snake but hardly a surprising decision considering the rest of the fiasco of officialdom last night. If it had of been Slagger or Grubglis that was in Brett's position the video joke would have given them a try for sure. As for Thugday being allowed to try and unscrew every blues player's head off in just about every tackle I am just sick of watching this s**t.

I watched the game again today. I rewound this over and over and tried to see whaet was called but my head just keeps bringing me back to the same conclusion.Thaiday did not appear to ground it with hand, arm or torso, it was loose and snake snatched it in the process

Stewart and Slater are both brilliant attacking players but Stewart is a tougher and safer player. Stewart is Sensational and Toohey is a Tool .

jbb/james said:
mickqld said:
voicefromthehill said:
MadMarcus said:

Not just you I said last night that Thugday never grounded it properly. It was a try to Snake but hardly a surprising decision considering the rest of the fiasco of officialdom last night. If it had of been Slagger or Grubglis that was in Brett's position the video joke would have given them a try for sure. As for Thugday being allowed to try and unscrew every blues player's head off in just about every tackle I am just sick of watching this s**t.

I watched the game again today. I rewound this over and over and tried to see whaet was called but my head just keeps bringing me back to the same conclusion.Thaiday did not appear to ground it with hand, arm or torso, it was loose and snake snatched it in the process

I'm surprised this has not been more spoken about in the media? It was a try...benefit of the doubt at worse. Snake was 100% sure he scored it too.

Unfortunately Twin Smith Stuart got to the ball a split second later than what's-his-name. You can't bod a try which wasn't. And Mad Marcus, it seemed to me that every player was trying to rip the heads off each other. Seems that you can do that in SOO.

Snake was absolutely better than Slater. Slater is flair, Snake is class.

Slater is a gun and watch how many games he singularly wins games. Brett is great too but Slater is the best fullback going around. Your bias is fine as we don't like the Storm.

Darren said:
Slater is a gun and watch how many games he singularly wins games. Brett is great too but Slater is the best fullback going around. Your bias is fine as we don't like the Storm.

Derpwin, our fullback is better than yours

Darren said:

Also don't forget to watch how many high pressure, big games he cocks up in as well

Darren said:
Billy couldn't catch the ball on Wednesday night. Snake could.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4