Slaters Elbow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Match review committee have deemed it was an accident.
Today's papers say, it has been confirmed that Slater said "one all c*#t "at the time.

Thoughts? I think when you lash out with an elbow, its deliberate.

He is a grub. Slater's game is full of theses type of things but he will never cop anything from the powers that be as they deem him to be a brilliant player and these incidents are accidents that he doesn't mean.

Never seen a guy that can get away with so much, especially considering all the **** he has done in the past

He is one of the biggest grubs ever to take the field. All the fans know it, but in the eyes of the refs, the match review committee and the commentators he can do know wrong.

I fkn hate Slater, such a niggly little cat that gets away with everything. I hope Fifita sits on him and his legs break under the brute force of the big fella.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Never seen a guy that can get away with so much, especially considering all the s**t he has done in the past

Totally true. I'd love to see a compilation youtube clip of all of his grubby tactics and have them sent to both the media and the NRL powers that be so that maybe their eyes will be opened up to see what he is really like.

I'd have done the same thing in that position. If you're good enough to play rough, you should be good enough to cop a bit back. Why did Slater react in the way he did? What did he mean by "One all c**t"?

Can our new CEO please explain how elbowing someone in the head/face or leading with your head to intentionally hit the ball carrier in the head is any different to punching someone in the head.

Are these not incidents of attacking an opponents head?

The way I see it, if Slater had of thrown a punch at Pearce, he would of been sin binned. However, he clocks him with an elbow which was thrown with enough force to open up a gash on Pearces' cheek. Put on report and deemed no case to answer.

Two players then sin binned for punching, (yes justin you did throw a couple) fair enough. One player sin binned for pushing and another for running in to break it up WTF?

So in game 3 what happens when we start seeing elbows fly left right and centre?

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Cheap and deliberate shot , under the protection of a no punch tolerance . It riled up the players which lead to the blow up several minutes later .

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
mozgrame said:
I'd have done the same thing in that position. If you're good enough to play rough, you should be good enough to cop a bit back. Why did Slater react in the way he did? What did he mean by "One all c**t"?

I think what he is meant is, It was no accident and it was premeditated

Does Slater have eyes in the back of his head? Does he have snail eyes? He lashed out with the elbow sure, there is no doubt of that, but to say he absolutely intended to or deliberately attacked another players head with an elbow is ridiculous. If he can pick and strike his target exactly where he wants with an elbow from the position he was in, he would be lethal in the UFC.

jbb/james said:
mozgrame said:

So....the smart thing would have been if he had just laid on the ground until given a penalty after the refs review the Pearce tackle? Then he would have been a diving dog and milker. We go on and on about how tough the game is and how the players should be the same. Well, Slater copped a whack, lashed out in retaliation and got up to play the ball. If the refs didn't think there was anything to go on, play on.

mozgrame said:
Does Slater have eyes in the back of his head? Does he have snail eyes? He lashed out with the elbow sure, there is no doubt of that, but to say he absolutely intended to or deliberately attacked another players head with an elbow is ridiculous. If he can pick and strike his target exactly where he wants with an elbow from the position he was in, he would be lethal in the UFC.

jbb/james said:
mozgrame said:

So....the smart thing would have been if he had just laid on the ground until given a penalty after the refs review the Pearce tackle? Then he would have been a diving dog and milker. We go on and on about how tough the game is and how the players should be the same. Well, Slater copped a whack, lashed out in retaliation and got up to play the ball. If the refs didn't think there was anything to go on, play on.

are you kidding or what,he does it all the time,as blocker said,common,your allowed to tackle billy slater,he hates being tackled

master blaster said:
mozgrame said:

jbb/james said:
mozgrame said:

are you kidding or what,he does it all the time,as blocker said,common,your allowed to tackle billy slater,he hates being tackled

Everyone hates being tackled. Everyone hates getting roughed up. Everyone reacts in the way they think is appropriate in that split second. I like the way Slater plays the game. If he was a NSW man he would be described as a tough bloke that doesn't take sh*t. He has that mongrel in him that some people admire in players like Gallen and Bird. He also has respect and compassion and yes I will AGAIN say I would have liked to shake his hand and buy him a beer for the way he treated Wolf when he did his neck.

Even the most avid Slatter fans would have to agree that he seems to get the rub of the green when it comes to these type of indiscretions.

Ask Bird who was binned for breaking up a fight. Would Slatter have been binned for the same.

Noticed he slide in with the knees again last night.
They make a rule to protect fullbacks in the air and they have a rule for sliding with the knees but no one police's the 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gg7wW_-7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKLGKAX2fM8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZEk3zGFWtk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVJv5cDiyV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOTLwweC_Bc

And this is just a quick search (and does not include half of his grub stuff) Even when Graham bite his ear...look at the shove that started it all

Imagine if it was Hoppa? How many other players have this sort of stuff?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4