Sloppy, lazy rubbish

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
From T-Rex.  He is not a centre.  Benefit of hindsight we should have Hoppa in 1, Farrar in the centres and Williams back on the wing.  Basically errors and defensive leaks, followed by a lack of urgency costs us the game.  Matai back next week?

We also have so little energy until we're behind by 14, then we look okay.  Seems the players are only giving 90%. 

Only positive of the night - the refs clearly stacked things in our favour.  It's been a long time since we were the recipient of so many 50/50s and dodgy calls.

Perfect world would have Hoppa 1, Farrar 3, Williams 5.  I'd settle for Farrar 1 and Hoppa 3... Williams is just too slow.  Hey, i predicted that in another post!  :-[

That's the double edged sword of youth. You get enthusiasm but you also get a lack of experience. Williams and Hoppa went missing a fair bit tonight, Kevin Gordon had a field day down that side. Whare was a bit the same on the other side. By the way I thought he was supposed to be quick, Tagatese ran him down over 15m giving away 5m start ?

King was on the angry pills tonight and had a good game, Ballin tried hard too, as did Rodney as usual. Perry was ordinary and Big George just looks unfit and struggling with the pace. Halves are struggling to get any fluency in attack going, just shows how important Killer is to this side.

A few points

* How many times did we get good kicks into their in goal only to let them beat tackles and get back into the field of play and avoid the repeat set.
* We seem to be suffering from an extraordinary amount of chargedowns on our kicks, has been happening all year.
* Why does Des bother picking 17 guys if he is only going to use 16 of them. Buhrer warmed the bench again for 70 + minutes. It's ridiculous, surely there is someone in our squad that can offer soemthing other than a 5 minute cameo when the game is dusted.

Forwards are ok, our halves seemed flat and we missed lyom and mattai. Whare is a top prospect and T-rex is not a centre. They should have opted for hoopa at fullback, farrar entre and t-rex wing.

Agree with all of this, but have to say I saw a definite silver lining in young Hoppa. He looks like he could be a very, very good player. Even when he made a bad read, I really liked his tenacity in defence. One attack down his side he tackled about four different players in the same movement. T-Rex didn't give him much help.

agree with c and c totally.main thing that stood out for me was a lack of speed.gordon and meade got out every time from the in goal.no choc means a very slow pack and i hate to say it-for mine robbos time is up!big call but he is a yard behind the top wingers.
this beurher thing is a joke.
in a nutshell,no lyon we miss the eight.with him we make it.he has speed,nouse and time.

I have been saying all along our forwards are too old but I keep hearing experience is the key, I still believe we are missing 1-2 young "tear into em" forwards to compliment the experienced Kites, Perrys etc. How crap is Cross!! He was horrendous last night!! Rose needs to worry about the hard stuff and less about haircuts and waving to the crowd!!

Like the commentators said, we are pedestrian, go thru the motions, Hokko better sign quick because he is going backwards fast. Bulldogs websites are all full of not wanting him. Strange times for Des. Glenn looks slow and cumbersome. He makes those right hand runs across ways and can't beat anyone.

Get Palau, Lussick etc in and see how we go, can't be any worse.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
hate the fact it seems we are a 1 man team
Most teams are BE take Thurston out of the Cowboys, Prince out of Titans, Lockyer out of Broncos, Smith out of Storm, Marshall out of Tigers etc and they all go backwards. We were also without 4 other test players.

Good points Utility Player....people forget what combination's & chemistry mean to a team. Then look at our team that is riddled with injury, and TWO new halves.

You know, if we had just a new half back this year, and everyone else was the same players (playing fit) as last year, I'd bet we'd be saying, "give the new 1/2's combination 10-15 games to gel" types of posts.

We need to let these combination's build. It is being made more difficult due to subsequent injury, and rep footy, but we'll get the boys back (I am especially looking forward to next year with Stewie and The Wolf back !!).

Seriously guys - I believe this time, we really DO have excuses as to why we may slump a little this season, but really, there IS light at the end of the tunnel for us, and things look exciting going forward.

Full strength and we play like that i am worried

We were missing a of key players. Like i said before i do not think this is our year....but next year could be a cracker

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2