smashing the ref

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

zambuck

Reserve Grader
whats going to happen to David Taylor?down being treated then gets up runs to a pass and knocks ref arse over head will he be sited for it? and will they call for 10 weeks like they wanted for matai brushing ref I believe they will not follow through as that would make him unavailable for soo and the Queensland sooks will start crying hard done by. any thoughts on this

I agree Zambuck whilst I dont think there was much in it I was surprised that he commentators on fox didnt say anything.

I can't believe the Dave Taylor stunt is not covered by the rules. Surely feigning injury (including the attendance of a runner) to gain an attacking advantage is against the spirit of the game. What makes it worse IMO is that the runner could almost be considered an extra player in this example as he took part in the ploy.

Surely action is required on this. If only just to see it never happens again.

Agree, not in the spirit of the game and not even close to being a smart tactic.

Hang your head Dave Taylor. You're much better than that.

You can't just blame this on Taylor. It was a tactic developed further up the tree. Maybe if you need attention, you should have to leave the playing field. that way nine can throw in additional ad

Dan79 said:
You can't just blame this on Taylor. It was a tactic developed further up the tree. Maybe if you need attention, you should have to leave the playing field. that way nine can throw in additional ad

Disagree. Taylor seems a decent bloke and he has the right to say no to a tactic like this. Tell the coach to stick it.

No need to take a player off, just don't skulk in the background pretending to be hurt. It's rubbish. Embarrassing.

I wonder what Paul Kent will have to say about this tomorrow? Should Taylor get 6 weeks as well, or was this an accident?

Jono said:
I wonder what Paul Kent will have to say about this tomorrow? Should Taylor get 6 weeks as well, or was this an accident?

Just send him to the naughty corner. It's where the children get punished. That's all it was.

Kent will probably argue it is not Dave's fault and that he only did it because Matai got away with it last week - and then proceed to jibber on about how Matai should have been suspended...

According to the dribble from todays Daily Dribblegraph the NRL have contacted Souths and have told them to discontinue use of the play as it was not in the true spirit of the game. Especially the use of the trainer!

nothing mentioned in the papers today about contact with the ref so maybe he is wearing the right colours especially if its queensland maroon this makes a joke out of touching refs others have been suspended so why not taylor

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4