SMH stating hiku close the re-signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Snake said:
mave said:
Wingers are most definitely not a "dime a dozen".

yeah they are...

Wingers are incredibly important - more so than ever. In the majority of attacking raids teams rely on a kick to the winner to score tries. This ability to leap-and-catch is a skill needed in recent years due to improved defence, as is the diving one-handed for a try when seemingly pushed over the touchline - brought about by the change to the corner post rule.

MadMarcus said:
At the same time the club would have been trying to get some salary cap relief from the NRL, which obviously proved unsuccessful because the NRL is run by a bunch of knobs.

They run around looking after Sonny (who is Boycotting the test) Williams.

They run around trying to keep Burgess who wants to go to Rugby Union.

They run around trying to get Benji a club.

And there must be other non-manly players they'll bend over backwards for.

But to allow a salary cap dispensation for long-serving players like Gift who has been a wonderful servant not only to Manly but also the game in general; no that can't be done.

You know MM. I can see why you would say that.

Ryan said:
Jesus, I'm still waiting for the club to announce the Matt Orford signing in 2005/2006.

I still remember when they (Manly/Northern Eagles) had Orford for a song and went and bought the then Melbourne Halfback Brett Kimmorely for around $500K a big price for the day.

Melbourne promptly signed Matt Orford who as we know became a premiership winning captain some time later for Manly, beating his old side Melbourne in 2008 forty nil. However, when Manly signed Orford they then had to pay a fortune for him.

But I suppose we all make mistakes but that one is planted into my memory. Lets hope something like that never happens again.

The Who said:
Snake said:
mave said:
Wingers are most definitely not a "dime a dozen".

yeah they are...

Wingers are incredibly important - more so than ever. In the majority of attacking raids teams rely on a kick to the winner to score tries. This ability to leap-and-catch is a skill needed in recent years due to improved defence, as is the diving one-handed for a try when seemingly pushed over the touchline - brought about by the change to the corner post rule.

A dime a dozen is not to say that they are not important, it's to imply that they are not difficult to come by, hence their pay packets. The big bucks never go to to wingers and generally if they do, there is a strong push to move tem to fullback or into the centres to justify the $$$.
Just about every club in the competition has one or two good wingers in the ranks.

Wingers are wingers because they aren't good enough to play in a proper position.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6