Smith may go today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Newcastle coach Brian Smith could leave the Knights today, with the club making a major announcement.

According to News Ltd reports, the club held an emergency board meeting on Friday night where it is believed Rick Stone was named as the team’s new coach.

Newcastle, who play the Melbourne Storm on Monday night, have lost three straight games since Smith announced he would leave the club to coach the Sydney Roosters at the end of the year.

They sit in ninth place on the NRL ladder and are at serious risk of missing out on the finals.

http://www.rugbyleaguelive.com/Articles/6265/2009/08/15/Brian_Smith_leaving_Knights_today_report_.aspx

Sorry Dan, can't get the articles thing to work today, will be my old PC that is the issue

It is not surprising after their efforts against us, last placed Rorters @ home, and another flogging by the Slime.

Other coaches who will be feeling a bit touchie will be Taylor (and how blessed are the Titans with decisions they get?), Cleary, Henjak and Stuart (who should be punted immediately anyway).

Cleary should go.  If there's one team that consistently underperforms it's the Warriors.  They just don't play with any game plan that I can see.  Henjack will be given more time, Taylor and Stuart seem to be protected species.     

They do have a game plan DSM. It revolves around bombing to Vatuvei on the last. Dreadful side at the moment

Cleary has coached all the flair out of them, it is often said that a team shows it's coaches playing attributes, and Cleary was a boring, safe player.

They re signed him mid year til the end of 2012, with John Hart proclaiming him the games next "supercoach" lol

Their recruitment is terrible. All they have coming in next season, is Seymour, Maloney and a rumour today of Carl Webb, along with Tate returning from injury. Nothing for the fans to get their hopes up about there

They do have a future superstar coming through in the halves, but he is at least a year away from being ready, Shaun Johnson

Sorry Kiwi, you're right.  I'd forgotten about the bomb as it's used on each play.  It's like other sides going three up and then one wide before kicking. 

It has gotten to the point where the Warriors fans I know don't even cheer the tries Vatuvei is scoring these days, because they are so bored watching it

I think the loss of sonny fai early in the year set the tone for them.. It seems like a really close knit club, and to lose sonny the way they did is devastating..

You might be right about that nita, just look at Kite's season after losing his dad. Cleary got the Warriors to finish very strongly last year, he will be given another chance for sure.

DSM5 link said:
Sorry Kiwi, you're right.  I'd forgotten about the bomb as it's used on each play.  It's like other sides going three up and then one wide before kicking. 
  Sounds like our reliance on the kick.

The Fai thing is a fair point, but the coaching is more to blame for me

Last year Witt and Fien took them to week 3 of the finals, not worldbeaters, but they did a job. Witt got punted pre season, Fien didn't last much longer, Foran was punted and even left out of reserve grade at times, and they placed all their eggs in the Stacey Jones basket which was too much to ask of him

Their 1st 2 games of the year, Fien was starting 7, and they looked good, especially when Jones came off the bench against us. Fien was then shuffled and they went backwards

They have massive problems in the halves, back row, and front office

Interestingly today I found out they had a decent crack at getting George Rose to go over there

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4