Snake footy question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
This is a question to do with Snake back on the field. And it may take me a little while to get there so bare with me. :)

I'm not as down as some where on Ox's form when he left the club, but probably like most of us, it was reasonably clear the club should head in a different direction and I was happy to go that way.  However, the big concern I had going into the start of this season was how the different style of play by our halfback would impact on the play of our two most dangerous attacking players in Snake and Choc.  Never really got the opportunity to see if Snake could have struck up a combination but there is no doubt that the style of play this year had an impact on Choc not quite reaching his awesome individual level of 2009, (injuries also effected Choc).  We probably didn't like Ox running cross field too much in 09 but that type of play suited Choc's angle running and you need look no further than the Brett Stewart highlight reel to see the great combination that both Ox & Snake had.  Of course the flipside to the change in the halves meant our centres saw alot more ball which saw Lyon and Matai both have arguably their best individual seasons at the club.

I suppose where I'm going is that whilst most people are probably concerned with Snakes knees going forward and thinking that might be a reason why he might start a bit slower out of the blocks next season.  I'm more concerned with him being able to strike up a similar relationship with our key and what will still be inexperienced play makers.

Its why more than ever I'm hoping Des gives DCE first crack at the no 7 next year and doesn't play it safe with the Foran/Lyon halves combination, his first choice this year.  I just see that bit of extra flair in DCE which might just ignite the most exciting attacking player in the NRL.

Not sure how fluent that reads but I think you might get the gist and its something that I've been thinking about for a while and just wanted to share it.

never say never.

That said It appeared this year that Farrar took a while to "gel" im guessing the off season was spent with stewy in the moves. Once they seemed to settle things went alright.

Practise makes perfet.

Foran runs to much to be a true halfback but has a goodish kicking game,Vs Ox he has all the length but his short kicking game is lacking comparitively

Jonesyv2 link said:
Foran -7 Lyon - 6, that will happen game 1 next year you can bet your house on it.

Hmm I'll believe it when I see it.

Hokko didn't start week 1 this year & he was a more accomplished half in last years pre-season than DCE is now.

I would say a lot of it will come down to how well he slots into the team in practice during the off-season.

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=185649.msg300442#msg300442 date=1285939451]
Foran -7 Lyon - 6, that will happen game 1 next year you can bet your house on it.

Hmm I'll believe it when I see it.

Hokko didn't start week 1 this year & he was a more accomplished half in last years pre-season than DCE is now.

I would say a lot of it will come down to how well he slots into the team in practice during the off-season.
[/quote]

I think the factor which may have changed things a little might be Matai's suspension.  Depending on how everyone else is shaping up, he might want to leave Lyon in the centres for stability but I do think Lyon & foran will start the year in 6 & 7.  IF Des has shown us one thing since he's been in charge its that he doesn't take big selection risks.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4