Snake has NEVER played that badly!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ROBBO71

OK... a few points I need to admit to before you decide to bother reading this post:

* I love the MWSE's & am happy to be accused of being one-eyed.
* I am a massive fan of watching B Stewart play & have felt a void not seeing him walk out with the boys over the last 2 seasons.
* Like most on this site (very possibly all), I hate the Storm.
* Like most on this site (very possibly all), I hate Billy Slater.

So I just want to say that except for that try he scored last nite (which I was sure he was going to bomb), Slater was as useful as Jye Mullane's kicking game!!

He was completely in-effective in attack, was slower than Brenden Reeves in cover for the Kiwi's 2nd try & lacked any stability when under pressure to catch the pill!

Slater has put in some performances over the past 3, 4 or 5 seasons that deservedly gives him the Green & Gold jumper & some of the praise that he has received in the media. But when you take into consideration the poor performances we have so often seen (usually for Oz) from him & what I see of him as an individual that lacks integrity or high moral standards, I would not hesitate for the slightest moment in my preference as to who I prefer has the right to be wearing the Wombat's jumper.

Brett is a footballer than often put's in performances for the Maroon & White that give a huge amount of enjoyment for Rugby League fans (I sometimes think too much enjoyment 4 some of the members on this site). There are of course occasions that he can't create that high standard week after week but he has never put in the clangers that we so often see from the grub.

But despite his superior ability on the field, the main point I would like to highlight is that I would be a far happier man if he Brett turned up at my front door to take my daughter out for a date than I would be if Slater turned up.

Can't wait to see you back next year Brett!!!

BB

P.S.  Considering our financial position at the time... I reckon we were very lucky to have Brendan Reeves playing full-back for us, but MY GOD  he was slow.

I'd rather have Brendan Reeves back then ever see that grub Slater wearing Maroon and White.

Reeves could kick goals so no contest! ;)

Snake doesn't get the wraps he deserves from the media.  If Slater could have pulled off half the things he did in 08 on the way to the GF they would be constantly used in NRL promotions and he'd probably have had his own DVD.

Slater makes the simple look spectacular, Stewart makes the spectacular look simple.

Reeves was pretty good in a pretty drab team C&C. He certainly gave his all.

I'd have Slater in our team in a heart-beat.

Ryan link said:

Is that so u could watch just one game? Slater is a grub and drops bombs,useful as tits on a bull

Ryan link said:

If Slater was in our team it would be the 1st time I would have to genuinely think about supporting them or not

The filthy inbred cant defend to save his families lives.Has no idea in his own quarter defending and when he does manage to get there they either run around or over the inbred imposter.Another overated and overpaid lemon.He shouldve stuck with being a jockey cleaning the horse **** were he belongs.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185947.msg305914#msg305914 date=1289693400]

If Slater was in our team it would be the 1st time I would have to genuinely think about supporting them or not
[/quote]

I dont think id care as much as i do now,id rather us Grub free than overrated hack signing

KOTR link said:
OK... a few points I need to admit to before you decide to bother reading this post:

* I love the MWSE's & am happy to be accused of being one-eyed.
* I am a massive fan of watching B Stewart play & have felt a void not seeing him walk out with the boys over the last 2 seasons.
* Like most on this site (very possibly all), I hate the Storm.
* Like most on this site (very possibly all), I hate Billy Slater.

So I just want to say that except for that try he scored last nite (which I was sure he was going to bomb), Slater was as useful as Jye Mullane's kicking game!!

He was completely in-effective in attack, was slower than Brenden Reeves in cover for the Kiwi's 2nd try & lacked any stability when under pressure to catch the pill!

Slater has put in some performances over the past 3, 4 or 5 seasons that deservedly gives him the Green & Gold jumper & some of the praise that he has received in the media. But when you take into consideration the poor performances we have so often seen (usually for Oz) from him & what I see of him as an individual that lacks integrity or high moral standards, I would not hesitate for the slightest moment in my preference as to who I prefer has the right to be wearing the Wombat's jumper.

Brett is a footballer than often put's in performances for the Maroon & White that give a huge amount of enjoyment for Rugby League fans (I sometimes think too much enjoyment 4 some of the members on this site). There are of course occasions that he can't create that high standard week after week but he has never put in the clangers that we so often see from the grub.

But despite his superior ability on the field, the main point I would like to highlight is that I would be a far happier man if he Brett turned up at my front door to take my daughter out for a date than I would be if Slater turned up.

Can't wait to see you back next year Brett!!!

BB

P.S.  Considering our financial position at the time... I reckon we were very lucky to have Brendan Reeves playing full-back for us, but MY GOD  he was slow.

Excellent post.

**** guys! I think you might be building yourselves up to fall. You all have so much faith that Stewart will be back at all let alone back to previous form. Even if his knee is up to it, it'll take him half a season to get back the confidence in the joint!

Fonz link said:
s**t guys! I think you might be building yourselves up to fall. You all have so much faith that Stewart will be back at all let alone back to previous form. Even if his knee is up to it, it'll take him half a season to get back the confidence in the joint!

There is even more to it than that.  He's also got to work up a combination with an entirely new set of halves.  A set that will still be finding their feet in first grade.

Shane link said:
Will he be the Snake remember?
Will he have that form?
Is Mini the player he used to be?

Mini started to get back to what he was like towards the back end of this season. So what's not to say that Snake will be back (all be it a little slower) around the same time

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185947.msg306010#msg306010 date=1289783634]
Will he have that form?

Mini started to get back to what he was like towards the back end of this season. So what's not to say that Snake will be back (all be it a little slower) around the same time

[/quote]

We cant really tell on speed just yet,Olympic runners still keep speed after reco's,Pitman is one who comes to mind

Shane link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=185947.msg306185#msg306185 date=1289900472]
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185947.msg306010#msg306010 date=1289783634]
Will he have that form?

[/quote]

We cant really tell on speed just yet,Olympic runners still keep speed after reco's,Pitman is one who comes to mind
[/quote]

Some do, many don't. I believe there is plenty of quality in Bretts game, and he is a superb athlete so I see him getting back to his best. We will see, but I for one am excited by the potential of having him at the back.

slater is a grub!he is as useful as a 1 legged man in a field goal competition,and has all the charisma of a porcelain urinal!Brett has more integrity in his left little toe than slater has ever had! Remember,this is the scum,grub that hassled a kid who payed out on him on the street out the front of olympic park in 2009!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6