Snake in Doubt for Cowboys Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlysister

Reserve Grader
Peter Sterling's Late Mail: Brett Stewart is in doubt with a knee injury. Will Hopoate could replace him at fullback with Michael Oldfield to come onto the wing.

Manly Sea Eagles v North Queensland Cowboys at Sydney Football Stadium, 8:30pm.
Sea Eagles: Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Jamie Lyon ©, Steve Matai, Will Hopoate, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Joe Galuvao, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Vic Mauro, Shane Rodney. Interchange (from): Tim Robinson, Jamie Buhrer, George Rose, Tony Williams, Terence Seuseu

Cowboys: Matthew Bowen, Ashley Graham, Brent Tate, Willie Tonga, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Ray Thompson, Johnathan Thurston ©, Matthew Scott ©, Aaron Payne, James Tamou, Gavin Cooper, Glenn Hall, Dallas Johnson. Interchange (from): James Segeyaro, Scott Bolton, Jason Taumalolo, Ashton Sims, Cory Paterson
Peter

Wow theres a scoop.

You cant put anything past Sterlo.

I get the feeling they will play Hoppa at 1 and give Brett another week.

It may not be do or die, but I wouldn't like to face Illawarra, Tigpies or Warriors next week. It would be do or die then.

It doesn't matter when our next game is. It will be do or die regardless. Why risk him in a game we should win. If we can't beat the Cowboys without him, how can we expect be beat the better teams with him?

I reckon he won't play til week three... Win or lose this week. More than happy to be wrong and you be right though Mark. I hope he plays.

Maybe, Sterlo is def well connected..so he might be right (precaution I;d say if that happens)

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
I can assure I had very much inside knowledge last weekend and I was told he was fine and would play.....but he may have niggled it at training (he was training this week someone was there and reported that to me).

As I say above I reckon smokes and mirrors BUT we'll see

Unless 100% - Do NOT Risk!!
Every final is important but the priority is both Stewarts playing in the GF!!

George was giving it away last night. Snake is out. Hoppa to FB Oldfield to wing. Here come the Thurston bombs Michael.I'd prefer Whare at the moment.

MK Eagle said:

I don't think he has been 100% all year mate. Don't think he ever will be again to be honest.

bones said:
MK Eagle said:

I don't think he has been 100% all year mate. Don't think he ever will be again to be honest.
Prob true mate & i dont wanna sound over spiritual here, but just his presence on the field is a mass lift to the team. I know all about dodgy knees & i am suprised at how much speed he still has after so many ligament, cartlidge issues. To be blunt Bones- without him GF day our chances nosedive 30% imo.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Maybe, Sterlo is def well connected..so he might be right (precaution I;d say if that happens)

Mark you seem to be losing your confidence.

I got the impression from George last night that it was all smoke and mirrors too.

MK Eagle said:
bones said:
MK Eagle said:

Prob true mate & i dont wanna sound over spiritual here, but just his presence on the field is a mass lift to the team. I know all about dodgy knees & i am suprised at how much speed he still has after so many ligament, cartlidge issues. To be blunt Bones- without him GF day our chances nosedive 30% imo.

Totally agree with all that.

mickqld said:
George was giving it away last night. Snake is out. Hoppa to FB Oldfield to wing. Here come the Thurston bombs Michael.I'd prefer Whare at the moment.

I got the impression he was leading us to believe he was out (under instruction ), but knew he would be a certain starter.

Just how I read it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4