Snake on outer and Starling (not Vave to Sharks)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
http://blog.williamhill.com.au/nrl/...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1467001866

I have no idea how reliable this source is but it appears Snake has been told he can walk immediately and Starling is the player on the Sharks radar, not Vave as some have suggested. I hope we keep Starling because he is the kind of no frills player that every pack needs.

As for Snake, I love him and I want him to finish the season but he is my favourite player and I can't stand watching his talent pervade him like it is. People must remember that he is a diabetic and the fact he has been able to excel as a first grader in the first place is an achievement...I think people underestimate the impact this illness can have on the human body...his body was always going to break down earlier than other first graders without the same health concerns.

http://blog.williamhill.com.au/nrl/...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1467001866

I have no idea how reliable this source is but it appears Snake has been told he can walk immediately and Starling is the player on the Sharks radar, not Vave as some have suggested. I hope we keep Starling because he is the kind of no frills player that every pack needs.

As for Snake, I love him and I want him to finish the season but he is my favourite player and I can't stand watching his talent pervade him like it is. People must remember that he is a diabetic and the fact he has been able to excel as a first grader in the first place is an achievement...I think people underestimate the impact this illness can have on the human body...his body was always going to break down earlier than other first graders without the same health concerns.

Very doubtful, Yeah Nah has no say and Stewart is protected by ZtH.

If this is true I would be amazed. Wasn't Tooves moved on because snake, Foran, Watmough etc told Zorba that Tooves couldn't coach.

So it would seem strange that Trent Barrett is hired and then sacks snake. Zorba wouldn't have a bar of this surely.

If the club doesn't allow our own coach to take charge of his own team then we are doomed to fail from the start. Proven coach or not.

Snake an Baz will both be gone by the end of next season.

:)

I'm pretty happy about this as Tom looked very comfortable tonight when he was playing fullback. He is going to be a player. Tom has to be fullback asap the next star
Turbo drop off about just moving snake on like he meant nothing. Learn the recent history and how significant he has been and show some respect.

Turbo drop off about just moving snake on like he meant nothing. Learn the recent history and how significant he has been and show some respect.

Don't know when this misguided sentiment is going to end. Would you have Snake run around for the next year and a half like Ali in his comeback fights in the 80's and getting pounded? We are in round 17 and Snake has been finished since round 1.

Take all of the innuendo around being unhappy, match fixing crap out of it. We have been lucky to get as many years out of him as we have but his body is not capable anymore. He has no strength, and his speed is gone.

He knows, it, we know it and the opposition knows it.

Don't know when this misguided sentiment is going to end. Would you have Snake run around for the next year and a half like Ali in his comeback fights in the 80's and getting pounded? We are in round 17 and Snake has been finished since round 1.

Take all of the innuendo around being unhappy, match fixing crap out of it. We have been lucky to get as many years out of him as we have but his body is not capable anymore. He has no strength, and his speed is gone.

Said before someone needs to tell him or he needs to know himself. I don't think it's misguided to want a champ to go out a champ. I'm just taking no delight in his current performance. Unlike some.

I think Snake is struggling physically and mentally. I personally think the comments that he isn't trying are wide of the mark, but he's clearly not up to it anymore.

He needs to go but his retirement must be managed very carefully for the sake of his own wellbeing imo and that's more important than trying to finish 10th instead of 15th, particularly after all he has given us over the years.

Said before someone needs to tell him or he needs to know himself. I don't think it's misguided to want a champ to go out a champ. I'm just taking no delight in his current performance. Unlike some.
No one delights in Snake's 2016 performances, that's why we lament his past. But it is obvious that he can not rise to NRL level :(

This fiasco is totally at the feet of whoever continues to select him at FB.:cool:

Agree mate, but if he knows it he should announce he's retiring after the next home game.

He deserves a send off, despite the current issues BUT he will not garner much support if he continues on for the rest of the year like this and then wants another $650k for the same performance in 2017.

Jamies also a shadow of his former self ( although coming back from injury last night) but he's at least been honourable.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10