Snake out for the season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Already stated in another thread this information about snake, sad day today I think we have seen the last of him in Manly colours.

Snake is out for the year and may not return, could go to Catalans.

Source: fox sports

He is having knee surgery.

Manly Sea Eagles Brett Stewart to miss rest of 2016 season due to knee surgery

THE future of favourite Sea Eagles son Brett Stewart is in doubt as the veteran fullback prepares to undergo season ending knee surgery.

@Turbo

Please do not publish the full article. Only publish the first part and then link to the originating article.

Thank-you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
At least this explains his continuous poor form this year. He's been a favourite of mine for many years and I've been astounded by the distance between his performances from last year to this year. I know he's had some shocking injuries in the past but to witness a champion go down so quick is hard. I hope he can retire with dignity and get a good send off from the Manly faithful.
Snake, Jamie and The Matai waving goodbye together at Brookie would be a nice little piece of Manly history.

I don't know about you guys but with 3 players worth all together well over 1.5 million including probably 1 mil in deadwood (Mateo 550k burgess 250k and others) we Surley have to be signing a big name and wether everyone may like it or not it's going to be Foran IMO.

Exactly what we predicted. We couldn't be seen to be dropping him so the PR department invents a season ending injury. Nicely handled.
It doesn't quite explain why another club would be interested in him when he has such a 'serious' injury.
Thanks for the memories.
Pity the 'serious' injury didn't happen a few matches earlier when we may have had a better chance to win a few matches.

Exactly what we predicted. We couldn't be seen to be dropping him so the PR department invents a season ending injury. Nicely handled.
It doesn't quite explain why another club would be interested in him when he has such a 'serious' injury.
Thanks for the memories.
Pity the 'serious' injury didn't happen a few matches earlier when we may have had a better chance to win a few matches.
The lengths they are going to..surgery and all...

Interesting. Is there any more info on this business? It was like an ASADA type announcement and then nothing?
A thread popped up like yesterday about a supposed announcement soon regarding the issue from the club. It was deleted by a mod I think really quickly.

13628114_211925415869442_1275784764_n.jpg

2008 Mad Monday - Snake is reminiscing :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHjwaW5BCYW/?taken-by=brett.stewart1

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8