Snake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Snake is the best fullback we have had in the team since Graham Eadie.

His value is to the team is so important and the club need to sit down with him and sort out any issues moving forward and hope that he will continue to be a leader in the team.

If snake does go, I would like to say that watching him play over the last decade or so has been an amazing experience and he like his brother will always be legends at our club.

Someones gotta say it; but it seems Brett would agree with you guys.

Isn't that the supposed 'problem'?

Snake must stay!
He has two years left on his contract.
Dust will settle.
Manly need to keep Brett. One of the most stupid moves by a club ever if they don't insist he plays out his contract.

First off…. I hope he stays.

I understand his brother is leaving and his great mate, Watmough has had plenty to say in the Media (and other places) but….. I wonder if that will help him put things into perspective?

I was a bit young to remember Fulton so for mine; Wally Lewis and Lockyer are the 2 best players I've seen.

In the latter part of his career, Lewis's ego was such, he thought he was bigger than the game. He could have stayed at the Broncos but Bennett was sick of his BS and he ended up at the Gold Coast. These last few seasons were a huge let down for a player of his ability and his career ended with a whimper.

Lockyer on the other hand, ended his career at the only club he ever played for. He was and still is revered at the Broncos and throughout the league world in general. I wonder if the lesson of what happened to Wally in even a small way, helped to influence some of the choices he made in his career.

Brett is at a crossroads right now (like it seems, many of the players are!). The choices he makes over the coming months will determine, how the last few years of his career turn out. Also, the kind of legacy he leaves behind.

Well said Bob. I don't think any other player I've seen is such a special big game player. He puts himself in the contest in the biggest moments in the game. Some of his kick chasing and defence pushing up into the front line was that of a champion intent of swinging the result his teams way! I am so proud to support Manly!

bob dylan said:
He will might be the Aussie fullback now Slater is out of Four Nations.

Greg Inglis disagrees with you.

Daddycool said:
First off…. I hope he stays.

I understand his brother is leaving and his great mate, Watmough has had plenty to say in the Media (and other places) but….. I wonder if that will help him put things into perspective?

I was a bit young to remember Fulton so for mine; Wally Lewis and Lockyer are the 2 best players I've seen.

In the latter part of his career, Lewis's ego was such, he thought he was bigger than the game. He could have stayed at the Broncos but Bennett was sick of his BS and he ended up at the Gold Coast. These last few seasons were a huge let down for a player of his ability and his career ended with a whimper.

Lockyer on the other hand, ended his career at the only club he ever played for. He was and still is revered at the Broncos and throughout the league world in general. I wonder if the lesson of what happened to Wally in even a small way, helped to influence some of the choices he made in his career.

Brett is at a crossroads right now (like it seems, many of the players are!). The choices he makes over the coming months will determine, how the last few years of his career turn out. Also, the kind of legacy he leaves behind.

Great, great post mate. And Beaver will ALWAYS be looked after by this demographic. Why? Loyalty. He had the choice to join Parra on an upgraded contract, why?

Loyalty.

These gen y kids have none of that in their make up. They hire themselves out the the top bidder. Thats great for them....

Short term......

The reason why Snake is so much better than Hayne and Inglis was typified last night when Snake scored. Instead of crawling on the ground like a goanna with worms, or take off like a 6 year old school boy emulating an aeroplane, snake simply punched the ball away, got up and received a few high fives and got back into position with all thoughts on winning the game and nothing else.

bones said:

Oh really? So Tooves who is trying his best to hang onto Choc who has one year to go on his contract, as it sends the wrong message to players about fulfilling contracts but will happily release Snake who has two years to go on his contract.:rolleyes:
This is going to be a looong off season.

The problem with this as I see it with limited info is that Hoffman ready to sign with Raiders (if not signed) and Brett close to move to Bulldogs. The Morris move is more to do with allowing Dragons more room in cap then wanted him to go.

For a Club to buy out contract then it will take big bucks (as in Hoffman and Morris case). This limits were Snake can go. Sharks? ok that was a joke.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6