Snake's 'record' attempt

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phantar

Bencher
The way this was written would indicate that the reporter thinks that Bob Fulton still holds the tryscoring record.

Good luck to Snake on Monday night - here's hoping for a double, both converted, to make Soward's challenge of kicking at least 13 field goals for a Dragons victory an extremely difficult one.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-star-brett-stewart-in-bid-to-break-manly-tries-record/story-fngr8iii-1226634856513

must be slow nws day and he though he'd just take the article of menzies 'about to break bozos record' (which he no doubt must have had) and replace name with brett stewart LOL - knob jock

ManlyArmy said:
Clearly hasn't done his research:

Menzies 151
Fulton 129
Stewart 128

That Middleton douche would have you believe that Steve Menzies scored a few tries for the Northern Eagles which do not count as Sea Eagles tries

Remember Menzies didn't play 349 for Manly

It is anal retentive of Middleton. Statististician by profession, anal-retentive by nature?

Myopia. Caught in detail, he can't see the forest for the trees.

He's faced with the situations of StGI and Wests Tigers. eg Do you merge all stats of Wests and Balmain together?

But if he's going to be anal retentive like this, then following his logic, all records prior to the NRL should be similarly expunged as being in a different competition.

---

IMO the NRL should take this decision out of individual statistician's hands. They should state that for players records purposes, games played for source teams count as playing for their joint venture and vice versa. No solution is perfect, but this gives a much more logical result.

cherry_poppins said:
ManlyArmy said:
Clearly hasn't done his research:

Menzies 151
Fulton 129
Stewart 128

That Middleton douche would have you believe that Steve Menzies scored a few tries for the Northern Eagles which do not count as Sea Eagles tries

Remember Menzies didn't play 349 for Manly

151 are legit Manly tries, he had another 29 for Northern Eagles - that woulld be 180 tries

This NE & Manly records thing was in the Sea Eagles News I think when Beaver broke a record before. Peter Peters quoted league historian Sean Fagan who wrote the club's history on the Manly website. He said the club could do as it liked with its own records & it wasn't for the NRL or any statistician to decide.

He pointed out unlike the other JVs the Manly club existed before, as part of & after the JV. So Manly has always said Beaver scored 180 tries for Manly, including 29 when Manly was part of the Northern Eagles. Nothing wrong with that & the NRL & its experts can leave Manly's own records alone.

For me if you don't count games for the NE then you don't count any merge team or any super league team.

I would love to see Snake score a few more tries this year. But I have noticed he is setting up plenty. He just has the gift to sniff them out and be there to either score them or set them up. What a player!!

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Man in his prime Snake was something when he ran flat out. Would love to see a highlights reel of his runs & tries.

Brissie Kid said:
Man in his prime Snake was something when he ran flat out. Would love to see a highlights reel of his runs & tries.

If I was working for Manly when Beaver left, I would have made a DVD of all his tries, chucked on a little interview with him where he talked you through his favorite handful of tries etc, could have had a bonus feature of his 10 biggest hits or something like that, sell it for $25-30 and I'm sure the fans would have snapped them up

Could do something similar for Brett when he finishes his career

Kiwi Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:

If I was working for Manly when Beaver left, I would have made a DVD of all his tries, chucked on a little interview with him where he talked you through his favorite handful of tries etc, could have had a bonus feature of his 10 biggest hits or something like that, sell it for $25-30 and I'm sure the fans would have snapped them up

Could do something similar for Brett when he finishes his career

I'd buy it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8