Sneak peek at Sea Eagles' 2014 signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Front row & wing spots nicely bolstered with some keen youngsters who want to make an impression & have the opportunity to do so.
Really interested in how Cheyse Blair will go. Being an Eel its easy to discount the potential as Horo showed in 2013. The thing is, he has been around for ages yet is still a youngster who has had a poor run with injuries.
Could prove a very good signing.
Lui from Broncos is an ideal interchange player similar to Fa'aso who we missed big time in the GF. 2 of these aggressive things off the bench could be huge impact.

I'm surprised that Blair is still so young. He seems to have been around for a long time. I know his is big for a centre/winger which is the modern trend.

Chip and Chase said:
MadMarcus said:
Mitch said:
That one thing that really stands out to me with each of these signings is their age, none of them are over 23. It's great the club has an eye on the future especially with a number of young forwards, I'm very excited to see how young Hodges will develop over the coming years.

That will make someone on here very happy... not mentioning any names @Darren :D

Starling has some big shoes to fill, look at the last 3 front rowers we poached from Rabbits....O'Neill, Roberts and Rennie.

So far he's the 3rd best front rower we've pinched from Souths

I've seen enough in the last few years to know that if Dave Warwick and co. think they've got something to offer, then that's good enough for me.

The one exception....Esi Tonga.....serious dud.

I love it when we get the best out of guys like Horo and Lawrence, only to have their former clubs sit back and think "you didn't do that for us you mongrel".

But what they forget is, they're at Manly now. Where gun players are born and potentials get realised.

Fair point about Tonga Simon.
Cleal had he's fair share of duds. Ashley Alberts is on that comes to mind and let's not forget chris f&$@&$ bailey

Josh Starling should have seen more FG this year but the only way it was going to happen was if he changed his last name burgess, he had a legitimate claim to a spot before a least two of those pommie clones.

I'm excited to see how Cheyse Blair goes. I think he has a lot of potential and could be a really good back-up in the short term for Killer and Skivvy, as well as potentially Wolf and Jorge.

I think he could be a really good signing.

Killer03 said:
I'm excited to see how Cheyse Blair goes. I think he has a lot of potential and could be a really good back-up in the short term for Killer and Skivvy, as well as potentially Wolf and Jorge.

I think he could be a really good signing.

Totally agree being at a professional club amongst elite players could bring out the best in him.

Terry Zarsoff said:
Wolfman could be under increasing pressure next year. Hopefully (for his sake) ihe will prove that white men can jump.

Hopefully everyone feels that there is competition (as much as possible) for spots. Whilst there are always going to be a select couple that are guaranteed spots when fit, Killer, DCE, Foz, Snake, and more. It's always great to know that we have depth in these positions.

I think outside backs is where I've been worried a bit about depth for a while, especially with Snake having the odd injury. But now you have Hiku doing an amazing job, and Blair throwing his hat in the ring....and then Gutherson. An injury or two, State or Origin, and it shouldn't derail us.

Killer03 said:
Terry Zarsoff said:
Wolfman could be under increasing pressure next year. Hopefully (for his sake) ihe will prove that white men can jump.

Hopefully everyone feels that there is competition (as much as possible) for spots. Whilst there are always going to be a select couple that are guaranteed spots when fit, Killer, DCE, Foz, Snake, and more. It's always great to know that we have depth in these positions.

I think outside backs is where I've been worried a bit about depth for a while, especially with Snake having the odd injury. But now you have Hiku doing an amazing job, and Blair throwing his hat in the ring....and then Gutherson. An injury or two, State or Origin, and it shouldn't derail us.
Good summary again K3.
The outside backs are looking more promising with some astute signings that have not cost the earth for that needed depth in key areas.
Certainly think Blairs missing ingredient will be added by Tooves in the form of good old fashion aggression. Could well be a massive suprise packet....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7