So ....7 rounds where are we?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
I always think after 7 to 8 rounds you get a gauge on how the season and teams are looking. So where do people think we are? We're sitting 9th and I think that's about right. At the start of the season I has us 7th to 10th and so far I think that's where we will end up.

Some good signs, we can score plenty of points, Uate has rediscovered his mojo. Walker has had some good games, our forwards in general have held their own. And tommy looks super dangerous (but still has plenty of improvement).

Some bad signs. We can go missing for extended periods. Our left edge has been severely exposed at times.

Up and down for mine. There are times when we look like world beaters. There are times (even in the very same game) when we look like easy beats.

Roster wise, I think we could potentially be top 4. Reality wise, no idea anymore.

Our record at Brooky the past 2 years, has just been historically bad (probably a reason unfortunately crowd sizes are down).

You have to be good at home to challenge for a title.

The cutoff is around 28 points in 26 rounds including 2 byes (12 wins) to make it into 8th spot and play finals. We have had 3 wins, in 7 games. That means we need another (at least) 9 wins, in 17 games, or exactly 56% of our remaining games (to scrape into the 8).

So far, Trent has won 11 games, in 31, or 35% of his games overall. This season he has won 3 games in 7, or 42% of his games.

Under Trent Barrett, we have lost 11 of our last 15 games at Brooky (won just 4) at 26% win rate. Again, this could be a reason crowd numbers are down.

Our team almost needs to perform at double the success rate, in order to scrape into 8th. We CAN do it, but jeez, we'd need a shift in result.

9th is right at the moment. Bottom 4 teams are Knight, Titans, Tigers and Parra and we are much more better than them but we are in that jam of 10th to 7th atm. Wasn't there a rumour that Baz would be sacked if we finished opening 7 round with less that 5 wins?

If we can maintain our away record in the next month, then we're still in bottom of the 8 with a chance. Also if Marty's back sooner rather than later and if we can manage some wins during the Origin period, then these will help.

They are all big "if's" though....

We will make the top 4 if we take every remaining home game away from Brookie, and never let the opposition start a set inside our 20.

Simples.

Maybe it's as simple as 'Manly are night larks' :giggle:

Once the sun goes down, Manly get focused :nod:

We don't have a daylight game till round 13 at Brookie :)

I think most of us at the start of the season probably had us around a 3 and 4 start so it's not far off the mark for me.

The thing that sticks out for me is our draw has been tough with 5 of our 7 games against top 8 sides with two more to come in the next three weeks.

That doesn't really let up with two match ups against Dragons, Roosters, Storm, Canberra and Penrith. It will be a tough ask making the eight, with the only way it becoming possible is through finding the form we had for that three week period consistently.

I predicted 12th at the start of the season, possibly up to about 9th or 10th.

Nothing's changed to amend that yet.

The 3 wins were great, but we can't match the top sides, so in my opinion little hope of making the 8.

BUT, anything can happen.
Same 10th to 12th at the start of the season and no change. For three games we played pretty well and definitely sucked less than I thought we'd suck but now we are back to full on sucking. Captain obvious statement but having teams score 30 against us three times at the "fortress" is piss poor.

I disagree that anything can happen .... @Ryan and @Woodsie or @Kevin ain't going to kiss and make up anytime soon.

In all seriousness the ongoing failures at home are going to kill Barrett's career if they don't turn it around from here on.

Crowds will drop off at Lottoland, revenue will fall and they (Pennberg clan) will be forking out more of their own to keep the place afloat. Their own fault really. They chose to take squaring up action, dressed as strategic direction, from a vendetta-driven in-law; acting in part on behalf of a coterie of bigheaded players who thought they ran the club. They then proceeded to wreck the place.

Meanwhile, still haven't seen or heard anything 'concrete' from the organisation on the staging of works at Lottovale, to bring it up to some sort of acceptable standard. Certainly nothing appearing in the online newsletter from Northern Beaches Council.

Something has to give.

Last edited:
In all seriousness the ongoing failures at home are going to kill Barrett's career if they don't turn it around from here on.

Crowds will drop off at Lottoland, revenue will fall and they (Pennberg clan) will be forking out more of their own to keep the place afloat. Their own fault really. They chose to take squaring up action, dressed as strategic direction, from a vendetta-driven in-law; acting in part on behalf of a coterie of bigheaded players who thought they ran the club. Then proceeded to wreck the place.

Meanwhile, still haven't seen or heard anything 'concrete' from the organisation on the staging of works at Lottovale, to bring it up to some sort of acceptable standard. Certainly nothing appearing in the online newsletter from Northern Beaches Council.

Something has to give.

Missed out on Cleary, Hasler never coming back so if " sacking Barrett" is the only way ahead who is the " heir apparent"?

I'm still of the belief that we are in year 2 of a 5 year plan, some of this years Crew will make the cut but some won't.

Not forgetting that unlike any of the other sides we have a 1.4 million penalty on our salary cap, it's a bit like the NRL giving us a -8 point start to the year.

I'm sure Mr Fluffy would be very worried about the bottom line but I'm not sure " sacking the coach" ( with 18 months to pay him out) is going to fix that.

No I don't think they will either. There is no obvious replacement, unless they want to go back to square one. However Barrett will really start to feel the heat, from the fans at least if not management, if we don't see a better performance than last year's.

One that indicates we are heading in the right direction.

9th to 12th imo

I was thinking 15th or 16th a couple of weeks ago but I think we have shown enough to avoid the spoon.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8