So called issues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
I thought Tooves put it all into perspective in the press conference he indicated what we had experienced when asked about off field drama was no different to problems faced by other teams. He also said the team will be back next year happy to wear the Marion and White.
Watmough and Matai are thinking about their life's post football and looking set themselves up pure and simple. I can understand this! The issue with Gifty brought this to a head. Choc has handled the situation terribly and has made an ass of himself in the process. I can again relate to the base motivation though.
snake will stay though obviously upset about his brother he knows financially he has been taken care of.
I think Foran has sympathised with his mates and feels they all deserve to have their long term futures secured by the club. The reality is the salary cap can not allow this to happen. What do kids do when they can not get their way? They Throw the toys out of the bath tub and look to blame the administration and maybe other perceived influences like DCE.

We need to let Matai and Choc go and allow them to secure their future. We then need to get Foz back onside and unite the team around DCE. These guys will hopefully now realise they are not going to command 1 mil each or some ridiculous amount unless they want play for some desperate club like Canberra

Bring on 2015 with a united team

Issues in 2014 yes sure but now that is done, players leave before next season? No doubt. But with a new core of young guys players maybe some players like foz may decide to stay in 12 months time. We can't guess how they are going to think in 2016.

Red Pill said:
I thought Tooves put it all into perspective in the press conference he indicated what we had experienced when asked about off field drama was no different to problems faced by other teams. He also said the team will be back next year happy to wear the Marion and White.
Watmough and Matai are thinking about their life's post football and looking set themselves up pure and simple. I can understand this! The issue with Gifty brought this to a head. Choc has handled the situation terribly and has made an ass of himself in the process. I can again relate to the base motivation though.
snake will stay though obviously upset about his brother he knows financially he has been taken care of.
I think Foran has sympathised with his mates and feels they all deserve to have their long term futures secured by the club. The reality is the salary cap can not allow this to happen. What do kids do when they can not get their way? They Throw the toys out of the bath tub and look to blame the administration and maybe other perceived influences like DCE.

We need to let Matai and Choc go and allow them to secure their future. We then need to get Foz back onside and unite the team around DCE. These guys will hopefully now realise they are not going to command 1 mil each or some ridiculous amount unless they want play for some desperate club like Canberra

Bring on 2015 with a united team

I just wonder for even one second whether watmough, foran, matai ect transfering to a new club, does it even cross their mind that they could be squeezing out that teams equivalent of a Glen Stewart? I doubt it, they most likely are saying that's the nature of the salary cap. Its all about me, I need to look after my family.

What goes around comes around.

And lets be honest guys, if you got to work for 10 years doing what you absolutly live and breath and love and be paid the kinds of money these fellas command then... the mind boggles.

The attitude is that at 30 you should be home and hosed for good? Family life everything set and done? I don't think so. Not in this world guys. That's a very limited analysis of your worth and abilities outside football. At least you have a very big financial base with which to CONTINUE TO PROVIDE FOR A FAMILY.

Ch nein Sunday roast TK & Hooper another set of assclowns has us disintegrating, end of era, apocalyptic events. Choc signed with Parra, Foran going to both dogs and rorters, Snake going, Matai going. This media free for all assault on this club is beyond a joke. Where do they get off slandering this club every second day. None of them know sht yet throw out any old made up sht as fact. It's just pathetic.

Snake is the one of those who I really want to stay. He is the best of them, and along with Killer are the two who can lead our rebuild.
It's ironic that Foran is siding with the senior players here when he is one of the players we are reserving salary cap funds for. He is really only a glorified organiser who is dining off Sterling's comment a couple of years ago that he was the best young player in the game. Can anyone truly say he has backed that up?
I'd live Skiv to stay but he is replaceable at this stage.
And Choc? I'll always remember his contribution to Manly and am not overly upset with him. But his best years are also behind him.

Forans last 2 months (8 weeks) has been pretty patchy. Some great games, some terrible games, some invisible games. Most certainly nowhere near games best.

Reynolds has played better. Soward has played better. Maloney has played better. Souths 5/8 has olayed better. In fact, every 5/8 in the top except maybe the broncos has played better than Foran.

In the past, I always thought the players have handled any off field issues by just focusing on the training and playing.

This year however, it seemed like the actual football was a chore. Particularly over these last 2 months, it felt like some of the players were over playing footy and just wanted it all to be over.

I can't help but think, this coming off season will be the most important (in terms of the future of the club) for many years.

Merdy33 said:
Snake is the one of those who I really want to stay. He is the best of them, and along with Killer are the two who can lead our rebuild.
It's ironic that Foran is siding with the senior players here when he is one of the players we are reserving salary cap funds for. He is really only a glorified organiser who is dining off Sterling's comment a couple of years ago that he was the best young player in the game. Can anyone truly say he has backed that up?
I'd live Skiv to stay but he is replaceable at this stage.
And Choc? I'll always remember his contribution to Manly and am not overly upset with him. But his best years are also behind him.

I remember that comment. Didn't believe it then and don't believe it now! But just my opinion...

Ryan said:
Forans last 2 months (8 weeks) has been pretty patchy. Some great games, some terrible games, some invisible games. Most certainly nowhere near games best.

Reynolds has played better. Soward has played better. Maloney has played better. Souths 5/8 has olayed better. In fact, every 5/8 in the top except maybe the broncos has played better than Foran.

But I still want him to stay. He is great.

Brent Reed from the Australian was on 2mmm this arvo and he said that he spoke to foz after the game and he said "I love the club and the area however I am going to weigh up all my options"

Red Pill said:
We need to let Matai and Choc go and allow them to secure their future.

No we need to do what's best for the club not what's best for the players if that is letting them go than so be it. It is not our job to let them secure there futures. They are grown man who signed contracts if the club wanted to punt them the manager would be screaming about a contract. They were happy enough to sign the contracts at the time so no crocodile tears from me. The only thing we owe them is to be paid on time which they all have been. We are running a rugby league club not centrelink.

Sheikheagle said:
Brent Reed from the Australian was on 2mmm this arvo and he said that he spoke to foz after the game and he said "I love the club and the area however I am going to weigh up all my options"

What's he going to weigh up? he is under contract. The ball is in Toovey's hands not foran's. Toovey will make the decision and i'll back him he has earned that after what he has done for this club as player and now coach.

Mavin said:
Red Pill said:
We need to let Matai and Choc go and allow them to secure their future.

No we need to do what's best for the club not what's best for the players if that is letting them go than so be it. It is not our job to let them secure there futures. They are grown man who signed contracts if the club wanted to punt them the manager would be screaming about a contract. They were happy enough to sign the contracts at the time so no crocodile tears from me. The only thing we owe them is to be paid on time which they all have been. We are running a rugby league club not centrelink.

Sheikheagle said:

What's he going to weigh up? he is under contract. The ball is in Toovey's hands not foran's. Toovey will make the decision and i'll back him he has earned that after what he has done for this club as player and now coach.

Exactamundo!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4