So if Choc is gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Tommy Symonds should get an extended run in the backrow which will open up a bench spot for either Luaki, Hasson or the young prop/backrower whose name i can't spell (Trbojovich). May turn out to be a blessing in disguise as Choc has been playing busted anyway.

I'd like to see Chee Kam given a run against the Broncos, and hopefully Glenn will back against the Bulldogs.

Gifty is down for round 15 return. He would need to get his match fitness up too :cool:

Tred should be given a go in the starting side :)

Glen is 4 to 5 weeks away.Any suggestion losing Choc for the season is a blessing in disguise does not factor in how much his presence means to this team.In my opinion we simply do not possess anywhere near the grunt in the forward pack to win this year without him. He is a machine.

^ Agreed. And I'm hoping he won't be out for too long. As well as being a machine, he's tough as nails. It'll take more than a torn bicep to knock him out.

Going on what I have seen this year these blokes listed would be ahead of luiaki I reckon (he's hard to stop in attack, but only for short bursts).

Trbo, Hasson, Chee Kam, Jesse, Symonds, Harrison, Sao, Andrews

The question is do we want to replace choc with a backrower or prop?

A rest for choc will be good - he has been held together with sticky tape for quite a while now. He must go through a lot to get right for each match.

susan said:
Glen is 4 to 5 weeks away.Any suggestion losing Choc for the season is a blessing in disguise does not factor in how much his presence means to this team.In my opinion we simply do not possess anywhere near the grunt in the forward pack to win this year without him. He is a machine.

The blessing in disguise would come into fruition by allowing Choc some much needed rest. At the same time it would afford a fresh Tommy Symonds the opportunity to have a real crack over an extended period of time (something he is yet to experience). It also gives an opportunity to another talented player to step up on the bench. It goes without saying that a fit and firing Choc is the optimum choice but I still think some positives may come out of it.

http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/injury-pain/the-complete-guide-to-torn-biceps.html

For a complete tear in which surgery is needed, return to full sports participation may take 4-6 months. :s

Partial tears usually heal within 3-6 weeks.:shy:

Choc will probably be right by this weekend. Here is some footage of him from an off season trip he took to America a couple of years ago. He got a little pissed off when someone played a prank on him by spraying him with a super soaker full of green paint in an old movie theatre. Things really got out of hand quickly then! Bloody Americans!!

You can see how quickly he heals around the 1 minute mark of this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zaOLjXhGs

I still have visions of Symmonds letting that ball go past him right on our try line against Melbourne recently. I would keep him on the bench and actually start JSL....love his enthusiasm and aggression and potential ball playing. My bench would be kingy, symmonds, Ligi Sao and Daniel Harrison. I have seen a couple of the NSW cup games recently and have been really impressed with both Ligi and Harrison. Ligi reminds me of a young terry Randall with some of his hits (he has been playing 2nd row) while his running was just powerhouse. Can’t believe the change in this guy. Harrison was my MOM against the bears with his running and ball playing.

Great time of the year to introduce a few of these new guys into NRL. Luauki is a massive prop with great aggression and intimidation.....so look forward to seeing him in NRL at some point but well under done fitness wise at the moment. Needs a few more game in reserves under his belt but certainly looks the goods. Chee Kam?.....Not sure here I think still finding his feet and certainly looks like he can use a few more kilos on his frame.

So my team for the Broncos;
Snake
Jorge
Jamie
Matai
Hiku
Foran
Littlefella (DCE out)
Lawrence
Ballin
Starling
Horo
JSJ (choc out)
Buhrer

Bench – king, symmonds, sao and harrison

as much as loosing choc will hurt us now blooding a SAO/Turbo etc will help in the furure. Both of those 2 got a game last year and will be better for it. Give them anorther couple this year to help them build

Kevinward777 said:
Tommy Symonds should get an extended run in the backrow which will open up a bench spot for either Luaki, Hasson or the young prop/backrower whose name i can't spell (Trbojovich). May turn out to be a blessing in disguise as Choc has been playing busted anyway.

Choc busted is still better than anything else we have in the canon.

Daniel was great as a fill in for Gifty a few years back.

So maybe he will get Choc's spot as he has the FG experience :angel:

All this talk about it wont be bad getting blokes like Choc,DCE freshened up etc for later in the year if they have serious injuries is all great except for the minor fact that you will rarely win an NRL premiership from outside the top 4.If we play for an extended period without DCE, Choc, Glen etc in a tight comp like this we will not make the top 4 and all the fresh blokes in the world wont help.

At full strength we are favourites in my book but we have ridden our luck so far this year when playing with injuries. The eels, cowboys, bunnies, knights games have seen us get a fair slice of luck which was definitely due but to expect that to continue all year with a patched up side is being very optimistic.Lose two or 3 now and 2nd becomes 10th very quickly.

From today's injury reports I am not sure we have the option of playing choc and DCE. Sounds like they are injured and will likely be out of the game on Sunday. The options then are around the replacements and potential bench spots once we have a full strength side. I believe we have TWO and possibly THREE bench spots still open for grabs and I would like to find out who are the two / three best options. Nows the time to find out.....not later in the year.

The side will be

Snake
Jorge
Jamie
Matai
Hiku
Foran
JLJ
Lawrence
Ballin
Starling
Horo
Symonds
Buhrer

Bench – King, JSL, Lui, Hasson

Although they might start Hasson and bench TRed

Manly Daily had Hasson as a stand in for Choc and JLJ for Sid.

It seems to be raining up there, so I hope that Foz and Killer are 100% recovered, their knee ligaments would be tested on a slippery field :angel:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2