So they want to sack Ballin, Mateo & Starling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Ballin is looking much better for a bit of a rest and finding him a good partner will be the best way forward.
Mateo has been huge for the last month and combined with Foran our left side attack is looking deadly
Starling has been huge off the bench since getting over his injuries. His go forward after hitting the defender is second to none (including Jake) and he is very solid in defence.

Agree. I think Mateo in particular has been doing a great job for us. He's playing 80 minutes, doing a lot of defence and picking his moments in attack really well. He's as big a threat with the ball as a half and you can see his presence opens up options for us. I know there's conjecture about his salary, but he's shown more than enough to suggest he's a good fit for us.

Sign Ballin ---release Ballin ?
Half the time I don't think that mob know what they want !

Bozo is past his prime and should be nowhere near the selection/retention committee in 2015.

Ballin is a two-time premiership winning hooker and Mateo has just about been our best and most consistent performer over the past 6-8 weeks. Given, their early season form wasn't great, but both are worth keeping beyond this season.

I'd also be more than happy for Starling to stay on as a bench player.

Well they all have at least 5 more weeks to prove their worth for next year. I hope for our sake they put forward a very strong case for their retention. All of them are contracted for next year anyway AFAIK, so talk of them going may be a bit premature.

The quiet achievers in this team like Ballin, Mateo and Starling are doing so well in a team that is once again united.

Hell hath no fury like a ditched player!!

Actions speaks louder than words. Let these players do their talking on the field

Starling has been going great since his 2nd return from injury

This is only his 2nd full year as a prop.

He did lead the way with Lawrence last year to getting us equal 1st after 26 rounds.

Agree regarding all three of these guys. If Ballin gets a good hooker off the bench to share duties with then he could be just as good as anyone else. I've kept saying that this year Mateo has found the consistency that has been lacking in his game and the last few weeks he's really stepped up a notch. Starling, when fit, has always been great and I really think he could swap places with Mason. Mason, I feel, could offer a lot more off the bench with a good spell of high energy.

This is a weak pack but if they all work together at their potential then it could be enough for our backline to do its magic.

Starling has been going great since his 2nd return from injury

This is only his 2nd full year as a prop.

He did lead the way with Lawrence last year to getting us equal 1st after 26 rounds.

I really want to give Josh Starling a wrap. The last couple of games he has been superb, hasn't put a foot wrong. Has been chewing up 100+m off the bench and like others have said keeps powering through the line when contact has been made.

Starling is one of those quiet operators, you think back after the game and go 'yeh actually he was pretty good'.

Hopefully all these great players force Bozos hand, and they earn their spots on the team with results.

I have very high regard for Ballin and Starling. We poached Starlo after he took out the NSW prop of the year award and he has always been solid for us. But this year, his go forward has gone to another level and he still has a decent portion of his career ahead of him. It would be crazy to let either of these two go early.

I've warmed to Mateo as well. He has been a notable player in our revival so far.

I have very high regard for Ballin and Starling. We poached Starlo after he took out the NSW prop of the year award and he has always been solid for us. But this year, his go forward has gone to another level and he still has a decent portion of his career ahead of him. It would be crazy to let either of these two go early.

I've warmed to Mateo as well. He has been a notable player in our revival so far.

Starling is still very young for a prop, too.

Metres run per NRL.com:

Kieran Foran 230
Tom Trbojevic 189
Jorge Taufua 150
Feleti Mateo 141
Jake Trbojevic 139
Justin Horo 139
Josh Starling 114
Willie Mason 111

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe