So who is our halfback in 2011?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
* Cherry Evans - as the 2011 Hodkinson?
* Foran - with Lyon at no 6?
* or ?

I've always said Brett Stewart would make an awesome 5/8 - Lockyer being the perfect example of an awesome fullback who became an awesome no 6. That move would also allow Hoppa jnr an entry. But no hurry there perhaps in a year or two as of course we all can't wait to see Brett sizzling in the no 1 jersey!

We all know how vital halves are (which is precisely why Parra missed the 8) so here's hoping Dessie's got it cracked.

I think Des will run with DCE in the rials and see how he goes from there, way too early to predict the outcome

I think DCE to start with Foran....who will be much better for a full season in NRL and an off season.

Brett running ooff Choc, Foran, Lyon cant get much better

With Mattai suspended for the first 4 games Des has little choice but to keep killer at centre and play DCE at half. 

That is unless DCE has a couple of shockers in the trials.

I have heard we have another half back possibility that we will hear about soon

cf2,

Don't forget that Lockyer was a halfback until he reached first grade and Alfie Langer was already the established half. Lockyer was pushed to fullback to get a start.

Shane link said:
DCE cant be worse than Hodkinson,he had the imagination of a rancid goat
LOL

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287032739[/time]

Dan link said:
When will we hear? (I have to go out in 20 minutes)

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185756.msg302334#msg302334 date=1287029085]
LOL

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287032739[/time]

Dan link said:
When will we hear? (I have to go out in 20 minutes)
[/quote]
not today

As much as I'd like our halves pairing next year to be Foran & DCE I just have the feeling it will be Lyon & Foran, Des's first choice this year.  Although as Tookey mentioned Matai being suspended might actually have some benefits in that it might force the Foran/DCE combination and hopefully he takes his opportunity with both hands.  Although its a big step up from U20s and QLD Cup, DCE does appear to have that something different about him.  Hopefully it translates well to first grade.

There's been the odd whispering on the grapevine about this.  I will be interested to see if Dan has heard the same things.  If so it will be a massive shock to the system for some on here.

Shane link said:

Rancid goats can be very imaginative.  In fact, Chris Bailey has a photo of one demonstrating its imagination and creative skills.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1287034650[/time]

The Gronk link said:
There's been the odd whispering on the grapevine about this.  I will be interested to see if Dan has heard the same things.  If so it will be a massive shock to the system for some on here.

So you have heard about the plan to put Des in at halfback as well.

I think the idea is this way he will be able to use all that pent up aggression and frustration on the other side's players, rather than just their locker room doors.

I know some of you will not believe me but Seu Seu was absolutely awesome at 5/8 in Q cup. His running game & passing game were
fantastic & Sunny Coast won every game that he played at 5/8.
Im not saying that that form could necessarily be translated to first grade, however I think Des might give him some time in the halves dring the trials.
DCE played well - I thought though his kicking game was dissapointing.   

why does every one in here want to move jamie lyon to 5/8  get over it  we need his class out wide ,  thats his position thats what he plays ..  fuk if you want to try someone out at  5/8 put glen stewart there..

i remember us winning a premiership with lyon at 5/8 not so long ago!
the man is class where ever you put him. as long as he's on the field we'll be right. i also think he has the best kicking game at the club, but as we seen this year is also awesome on the other end of the kicks... hmmm

i'll leave it up to des

The Gronk link said:
There's been the odd whispering on the grapevine about this.  I will be interested to see if Dan has heard the same things.  If so it will be a massive shock to the system for some on here.
Cuthbo!

north coast eagle link said:
I know some of you will not believe me but Seu Seu was absolutely awesome at 5/8 in Q cup. His running game & passing game were
fantastic & Sunny Coast won every game that he played at 5/8.
Im not saying that that form could necessarily be translated to first grade, however I think Des might give him some time in the halves dring the trials.
DCE played well - I thought though his kicking game was dissapointing.   

Not me mate, i thought the same. He played really well, took the line on and just looked like a footballer playing footy. I saw 5 games last year and thought seu seu outplayed DCE in 4 of them easily

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8