So, you still want to sack Barrett?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is as good as the 'happy api' or 'bozo is a has been' or 'DCE sucks' thread or even ' down with the penns'.
Everyone's an expert once the worm turns.
Let's be honest.

The teams performances under baz and co were pretty ordinary apart from the last 3 matches. Last year was new structures, new coach, new players , mulitiple injuries just to name a few.
This year first 2 were more of the same.

But

The last 3 have really shown promise. No injuries. A really good roster with mix of youth , experience and a dose of mongrel.

So yes. BAZ can stay for now. And apparently BOZO isn't as stupid as many on here think. Oh and DCE probably is worth the cash. And perhaps the penns don't want to kill the club. And what do you know! Myles might just give us something this year.

Let start another section on the forum where people can go to tell the world how right they were all along.

The last three weeks have been fantastic, and its definitely bought him some time.
You can't deny prior to the last three weeks it's been a pretty s**t performance from Manly.
Some other clubs would of already pulled the pin and sacked a coach who after round 2 had a record of 8 wins from 26 games 30.7%

If he doesn't make finals this year happy to see him go ONLY for an expirenced coach with a proven record

What the last 3 games does is give Trent a lot more time. Plenty on here (me included) have been saying give him a chance and don't judge him off a small amount of games for a rookie coach. So to be fair we shouldn't be calling him SuperCoach after 3 good (actually very good) games. We need to see consistency over the season and I think what we all want is to see the effort and commitment of the last couple of games. If we lose some games through mistakes and execution and just the other team being better most of us can live with that. To be out enthused......that's another story. And that isn't happening to us.

This is as good as the 'happy api' or 'bozo is a has been' or 'DCE sucks' thread or even ' down with the penns'.
Let's be honest.

The teams performances under baz and co were pretty ordinary apart from the last 3 matches. Last year was new structures, new coach, new players , mulitiple injuries just to name a few.

But

The last 3 have really shown promise. No injuries. A really good roster with mix of youth , experience and a dose of mongrel.

So yes. BAZ can stay for now. And apparently BOZO isn't as stupid as many on here think. Oh and DCE probably is worth the cash. And perhaps the penns don't want to kill the club. And what do you know! Myles might just give us something this year.

Let start another section on the forum where people can go to tell the world how right they were all along.
Until the next loss and then they'll all turn on them again.

Let's be honest.

But

You have validated the OP but saying "this year first 2 were more of the same".

all this tells me is you don't look at anything but the scoreboard

The match against Parra was far from more of same, our defensive pattern had changed, we held out 6 repeat sets at one stage, hardly more of the same. Sure we were beaten by a better side in round 1 but it was hardly a poor showing and looked nothing like last year.

Even the bunnies game didn't look 2016, we werent getting beaten in structure we were jsut missing lots of one on one tackles. Walker had a Barry. It was 18 all at the 60th minute before we droped our bundle.

Three good games does not make a coach. I'm leaning to the optimistic side right now, but I would swap him for Cleary in a heartbeat.

I just don't get Cleary, he has had 2 teams with plenty of talent and juniors ghalore to choose from but only once been able to make a GF and has never won a premiership as coach in 10 seasons.

Making the 8 is the goal this year but next year on its the premiership and Cleary has no runs on the board there.

No to sacking Barrett, but I've always been a fan of his from days one (and had a little man crush). That's beside some interesting team selections & movements.

Besides that, a little perspective needs to be had. It's a snippet of three weeks as DCE and Barrett say at their post match pressers. It's about consistency and continued performance.

I LOVE that after that performance over who I think is the yardstick of the competition, when Barrett says he's happy, but we have a lot to improve on, that excites me so much.

The club are creating an identity, and setting the standard for themselves now, and jeez, it's so exciting.

Point is, that the wise heads were telling the butthurt in 2016 that no coach could instill structure or do well with a different team each week let alone a different spine each week and key players either injured or unable to train during the week. But to no avail .... the old chestnut, "no excuses" was chanted like a mantra for the demented.

What has changed in 2017 .... same spine 5 weeks in a row, with only two exceptions the same team 5 weeks in a row, and all players able to train and run drills during the week.

And praise the lord! we have magically acquired structure, team work and spirit. Must just be luck.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7