Solid Gold Nugget --> DTs gets called on hypocrisy, Rothfields live blog on Now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DailyTerrorgraphHater

Reserve Grader
Solid Gold Nugget --> DTs gets called on hypocrisy, Rothfields live blog on Now

If we are talking about conflict of interests, how about a NewsLTD newpaper reporting on a game run by NewsLTD. How can you be trusted to portray a fair picture of the game and NewsLTD’s shoddy handling of it? It’s time that this conflict of interest is sorted out

Comrade Sutekh (Reply)
Wed 18 Mar 09 (12:47pm)

=======================

You’re talking nonsense. We run a lot of stories that are highly critical of the NRL. Ask David Gallop. He was on the phone to me first thing this morning complaining about the coverage is this morning’s paper. 

Phil Rothfield

Re: Solid Gold Nugget --> DTs gets called on hypocrisy, Rothfields live blog on Now

I would agree with Rothfield, the Telegraph's reporting of incidents hardly paints the NRL (clubs) in a good light, so you could not accuse them of sweeping things under the carpet to protect their own interests.

Re: Solid Gold Nugget --> DTs gets called on hypocrisy, Rothfields live blog on Now

Still up there as far as I can see?

hows the bloke that goes
the roosters shouldnt be in the comp

yeah its back. was removed and then re-added from what i can see in my browser history. lol.
;)

hey Cliffy... you mean this one?
ROOSTERS shouldn’t not even be in the NRL....

Comedian of NSW (Reply)
Wed 18 Mar 09 (12:47pm)

That’s ridiculous. They’ve been a strong competitive team for years. 

Phil Rothfield
LOL!!!!!

Every player should be trated the same by the NRL whether they earn $400,000 or $50,000. Profile shouldn’t come into it. Brett Stewart didn’t ask to become the face of the NRL ad and he wasn’t paid to launch the season. He shouldn’t cop a harsher punishment just because he is well-known. 

Phil Rothfield

ding ding ding
we have a winner

well said Phil

what am i missing whos the Phil fella.

spot on mind you.

very interesting blog

certainly not halding back for fear of getting sacked

KaZa link said:
what am i missing whos the Phil fella.

spot on mind you.

Phil Rothfield, Daily Telegraph reporter aka Buzz hence the Bec & Buzz pages he shares with Wilson in the Sunday Telegraph.

Utility Player link said:
I would agree with Rothfield, the Telegraph's reporting of incidents hardly paints the NRL (clubs) in a good light, so you could not accuse them of sweeping things under the carpet to protect their own interests.

lol.  If you're going to be a card-sharp, and scam people of their hard-earned, you definitely don't win every game.  You'd soon see people dropping out of the game.  You lose just enough to keep them in the game.  If you could control their thoughts, like say the Murdoch media controls public perceptions, then of course you don't need to lose as many games.

And on the games News Ltd's NRL lose, News Ltd get controversial news stories, so even when News Ltd loses, it wins.

And even on News Ltd direct 100% assets, like Broncos and Storm, some limited hits are a good thing for News Ltd.

The biggest mistake to make is to assume News Ltd is at all interested in Rugby League for Rugby League's sake.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Utility Player link=topic=179711.msg213623#msg213623 date=1237342122]

lol.  If you're going to be a card-sharp, and scam people of their hard-earned, you definitely don't win every game.  You'd soon see people dropping out of the game.  You lose just enough to keep them in the game.  If you could control their thoughts, like say the Murdoch media controls public perceptions, then of course you don't need to lose as many games.

And on the games News Ltd's NRL lose, News Ltd get controversial news stories, so even when News Ltd loses, it wins.

And even on News Ltd direct 100% assets, like Broncos and Storm, some limited hits are a good thing for News Ltd.

The biggest mistake to make is to assume News Ltd is at all interested in Rugby League for Rugby League's sake.
[/quote]  I'm really starting to like you Rex.

He is making a lot of sense - got a pretty good applause count too. (Mind you a a bit of bagging of Max or some stirring of the right wing Nazis on the site could soon change that!!)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6