Some points on Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
Well, you guys pretty much cover everything in your excellent analyses of todays game and the season so far. Some nuggets to add:

Where are the doomsayers now?

We do not need Brett stewart in our quest for the 2010 premiership

Foran/Hodgkinson are outstanding.

Manly have the best kicking game I have ever seen in 25 years of following them heart and soul. I'm not kidding.

Cross poiinted to the Manly logo on his jersey after scoring the try - he's Manly blood now

Watmough had a quiet game on purpose. Watch him smash drizzle arese next week.

Matai rules - and he's in a mean mood. We need him.

Matt Ballin is a rock.

Kite, Perry will rise this year.

Glenn Stewart as good as ever. Big games will happen just by the way he plays.

Thats enough.

NYEagle

The naysayers got what they wanted - Farrar, not Robertson as fullback, Hodgkinson trusted with a run, and Williams moved away from the centres.  

Question:  Who will make way for Wolfman when he comes back?  I would suggest Wolf might see the Sunshine Coast for a while, and if he makes it back it will be another Williams up here.  However, I do fear Hasler might do away with Hodkinson.  That would be a worry.

Matabele

There is absolutely no chance Hasler will do away with Hodkinson.

I will do the Wang Dance live on cam if that happens, and that, likely, without an audience :)

NYEagle

wolfman will struggle to dislodge anyone from 1st grade atm
if it were Brett then Farrer would be the one to miss out sad to say

David would have to play some QLD games to get his shoulder up to spec i'd say. 

And only if he plays well and Tony has shockers would he get back in.  Tony and Jamie are developing a real good combination now.  Tony looks to have more thought in his play whereas David is a bash and barge kinda player.  Don't get me wrong, Tony has a lot of improving still but he's still new to first grade and not moving all over different positions now.

Hodkinson and Foran must remain our halves now, just look at the balance the team has!  They can go either direction, 3 ballplayers can feed the scrum, kick the ball, and all the set plays coming from those... we're looking good and stable at the moment.  It really is an exciting time for us.  I'm not a doomsayer, nor am i saying we must make top4 or fail.  I'm just enjoying the ride with no expectation, something different!

I was thinking the same thing yesterday Mata. I don't think on current form you could justify wolfman coming straight back into the side if/when he comes back this season. Looks like it will be up to the sunshine coast for the weekends for him.

NYEagle link said:
Matabele

I will do the Wang Dance live on cam if that happens, and that, likely, without an audience :)

NYEagle

I wonder what cam would think of you doing that to him? ;D

Given Hasler's prejudice against young blokes I am going to keep this thread bookmarked.  That wang dance will be a winner on youtube. 

Jethro link said:
[quote author=NYEagle link=topic=182978.msg258755#msg258755 date=1270986462]

Matabele

NYEagle

[/quote]

The dirty bastard would love it. Wouldn't ya Cambo?

In reality, come Round 12-14 when Wolf is due back, Hasler may give thought to giving Hodkinsons a rest for a week or two.  Apparently the first season can be a big grind physically for younger blokes, so he might take the opportunity to freshen him up.

The rep season may influence this of course and it may not be a good idea to tamper with the halves either.  But ..........

Duff link said:
[quote author=Jethro link=topic=182978.msg258789#msg258789 date=1271028317]
[quote author=NYEagle link=topic=182978.msg258755#msg258755 date=1270986462]

Matabele

NYEagle

[/quote]

The dirty bastard would love it. Wouldn't ya Cambo?
[/quote]

oh my, what have I gotten myself in to?  ???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7