Some Talking Points From Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Souths defence - was pretty awesome tonight, have to give credit to them.
2. Sideways running - we did far, far too much of that tonight.
3. Inglis - he was bloody well everywhere, scoring tries, saving tries, and even milking penalties by purposely getting dumped on his head! Is anyone else in agreement with me on that last one?
4. Size matters - I thought the physicality of the Souths pack, plus some of their bigger backs, was quite telling. They are really tough to handle.
5. Prop problems - we are definitely a big man short on the bench, particularly with Fa'aoso getting so few minutes.
6. Bryson Goodwin - his defence on Lyon was awesome, kept him pretty quiet.
7. Dropping Symonds - hindsight is a great thing, and Glenn Stewart will be better for the run, but we probably should have brought him off the bench and kept Symonds in the starting lineup, I though Glenn played too many minutes tonight.
8. 12 point turnaround - how was that Symonds try not a try? Didn't seem any worse than Sutton's try, but I haven't yet seen the replay. And why wasn't Wolf awarded a penalty try?

Agree with all of that. I thought Manly were hammering them in the forwards in defence, but they held their own in the metres gained by dint of their size and the speed of their play the ball. Our attack in the forwards lacked thrust, with the notable exception of Watmough.

Crusher_Cleal said:
8. 12 point turnaround - how was that Symonds try not a try? Didn't seem any worse than Sutton's try, but I haven't yet seen the replay. And why wasn't Wolf awarded a penalty try?

Becausechorseheadcwascthe video ref

Great game and agree with all the points. It was a big game for Gifty to come back for and he struggled, in hindsight I think Tooves made the wrong call. Feel for Richie but I hope this gives Chee Kam a crack at NRL.

All fair points Crusher.

I think they shaded us tonight and probably deserved to win.

Souths played to their potential, Manly played to only about 40-50%. If we play to our potential they wouldn't beat us.

Goodwin is a pretty good player. Des got rid of him at the dogs for Perret and Turner. Big mistake, Perret is a dud and Turner is injured long term.

danny-boy said:
Goodwin is a pretty good player. Des got rid of him at the dogs for Perret and Turner. Big mistake, Perret is a dud and Turner is injured long term.

Turner is retired.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4