Someone has to say it...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Wont be popular but 2 things need to happen very quickly at our club

1.Glen Stewart needs to be told a few home truths about his responsibilities as a senior player and to the rest of the playing group.2 years in a row is not acceptable ergardless of the media garbage.

2.This whole Gallop /Stewart thing ends here.Brett was treated terribly and everyone accepts that.But almost everyone faces some great adversity in their life.I know I have and plenty of friends have but in the end you get on with life and move on.At the beginning of all this Brett had support across the entire league community.I can tell you from what I here is that people are very tired of it and our club and the S tewart boys need to move on.It is quite obvious from 2009 onwards that our club has suffered enough and Glen Stewart has simply lost his ability to make good decisions.

The Stewart family are great people and the boys are great players.Time to forget and move on before all this **** tears Manly apart.

1. Absolutely Susan but I would assume he does get it!! We are all entitled to an emotive brain snap once or twice in our lives as we are only human!
2. It's easy to move on and I believe they both have but it doesn't mean they just forget it!

susan said:

1.Glen Stewart needs to be told a few home truths about his responsibilities as a senior player and to the rest of the playing group.2 years in a row is not acceptable ergardless of the media garbage.

2.This whole Gallop /Stewart thing ends here.Brett was treated terribly and everyone accepts that.But almost everyone faces some great adversity in their life.I know I have and plenty of friends have but in the end you get on with life and move on.At the beginning of all this Brett had support across the entire league community.I can tell you from what I here is that people are very tired of it and our club and the S tewart boys need to move on.It is quite obvious from 2009 onwards that our club has suffered enough and Glen Stewart has simply lost his ability to make good decisions.

The Stewart family are great people and the boys are great players.Time to forget and move on before all this s**t tears Manly apart.

Disagree totally. G Stewart was sin binned for trying to stop the fight. The refs ****ed up totally. Then he has that gorilla chasing him off the ground and mouthing off something I can imagine was non too complimentary of course it was going to end in another fight cause Blair wanted it to
. As for Brett gee I dont know why he would have a grudge seeing as how his employer NRL hung him out to dry basically saying that they agreed he was guilty of the actions he was charged for. Cost him several 100 thousand dollars in potential sponsorships earnings as well as his reputation as a decent person then when he was found innocent didn't have the guts to talk to him and try and fix the damage they did.

susan said:

The Stewart family are great people and the boys are great players.Time to forget and move on before all this s**t tears Manly apart.

Daniel, you seem to agree with these comments. You are the person in charge with a decision/stance to make here. Do you move the Brett Stewart apology thread off its fixed position at the top of this forum or not?

Couldn't agree more. I've always had the highest opinion of Glenn primarily because he wore the mantle of Senior Player so well. No odes what has happened. He used to be so cool-headed, responsible.
And I too am very disappointed in Brett who I backed completely from Day One. It is a rare person who has not faced adversity and sure doing it in the public glare does up the ante somewhat. But if we must compare, being exonerated in the public realm rates way better than losing eleven family members in a housefire. Perspective is needed here and the measure of the man is how he is able to move on. At the moment I can only feel great disappointment in one of my favorite players.

Dont you guys remember last year.That was a cheap shot and totally out of character,as was this silly second fight.Prior to 08 he was a total cleanskin and now 2 incidents in R25 ffs.

Best player (imo)out for 2 final series in a row,this time probably resulting in 4 or 5 extra on the sidelines.Time to wake up boys.I suggest some might change their minds if we go out backwards again.

Cand C,we all know that wont happen.Must we endure this garbage year after year waiting for the impossible.Sometimes life can dish up terrible stuff.If you dont move on,you wither and die.

And there we have the measure of the man. Gallop will not apologize. This should not impact on the quality of person Brett is. He moves on without the apology and can get on with his life. Continually looking back will only tie him up emotionally for decades. Now is the time to move from mere footballer to man.

1. Yes, Glen should be reminded it is not good for the team if he gets sent off. He must have forgotten.
2. What are you talking about? I haven't heard anything from the Stewarts for ages about Brett's treatment. The last time was the post-try gallop, from memory. If they privately still hold a grudge well I certainly wouldn't blame them. Doesn't have any connection with Friday night fight so far as I can see.

Did you hear Glens mid week media interview.What was that about then.As a fan I would like to see my team achieve the very best and all this **** just doesnt help.It is not rocket science.I wouldnt have such a problem if it didnt happen in r25 last year as well.What happens if he is baited in r25 next year as any thinking coach will.?You cant look at this in isolation.Two years in a row,please...

Susan, give up. There are those on this forum who just don't get it. As I have already said, we have probably cost ourselves a premiership, whether 2009, 2010 or this year due to moments of idiocy. I just wonder what some of theses forum members would say if it was their own kids who kept making the same mistakes, year after year? Proabaly shift the blame somewhere else...

susan said:
Dont you guys remember last year.That was a cheap shot and totally out of character,as was this silly second fight.Prior to 08 he was a total cleanskin and now 2 incidents in R25 ffs.

Best player (imo)out for 2 final series in a row,this time probably resulting in 4 or 5 extra on the sidelines.Time to wake up boys.I suggest some might change their minds if we go out backwards again.

Cand C,we all know that wont happen.Must we endure this garbage year after year waiting for the impossible.Sometimes life can dish up terrible stuff.If you dont move on,you wither and die.

Love your convictions on this Susan, but, I am hoping we win!!!

Yep.It is hard to make the simple point that the club needs to be proactive and simply sit down with the 2 lads who I respect greatly and just plan a way forward minus the wasted emotion. To do this without offending people on this forum who have a great love of the Stewart clan as I do is very difficult.Forget the emotion for a minute.In all likelihood a final series may get laid to waste.We need to be a bit smarter.

It is a tough job but management needs to do it and we can get on with winning titles,which is what Manly does better than most.

susan said:

Mate I agree with you...his effort on Anasta last year was pretty cheap and not something I expected from Glenn to be honest. But he has been on the angry pills alll this year and Friday was the culmination of that. He is a massive loss and if he gets suspended for more than 3 weeks I think our season is screwed. I don't know what the stats are but I think our RHS has probably been the dominant side with Glenn and Killer, especially as it seems Foran has been a bit quiet by his standards.

It's hard for us as outsiders to appreciate the effect the trial and suspension had on Brett and Glenn, but even blind Freddy can see it has definitely effected both of them. They both seem to have lost a bit of the fun loving nature they had. That muppet Gallop has a lot to answer for, gutless piece of sh!t. I can only assume/ hope that they are using this saga as motivation this year and a premiership may have put it to bed.....what happens if we don't get the prize I don't know. The fall out from Friday night is likely to derail our year and embitter the club further.

All very well for people to pontificate on how they should feel without having walked a mile in their shoes. But the whole situation is a grave injustice and it continues. Gallop will not miss either brother this week, but that doesn't diminish the sense of injustice they would feel, the slight on their reputation, the lack of support or empathy and the millions of dollars lost in court cases and lost sponsorship.

I'd suggest the trials of both are greater than the average man in the street, and its played out in the public eye. League is an emotional game as we know, and it is full of hypocrisy. Both sides were wound up like gladiators all week, they acted as one would assume, now they will be pilloried while being milked for cheap headlines all week and the game will be played endlessly for decades as an example of "the best of league".

The hypocrisy and hubris lies not with the Stewarts.

Matabele said:
All very well for people to pontificate on how they should feel without having walked a mile in their shoes. But the whole situation is a grave injustice and it continues. Gallop will not miss either brother this week, but that doesn't diminish the sense of injustice they would feel, the slight on their reputation, the lack of support or empathy and the millions of dollars lost in court cases and lost sponsorship.

I'd suggest the trials of both are greater than the average man in the street, and its played out in the public eye. League is an emotional game as we know, and it is full of hypocrisy. Both sides were wound up like gladiators all week, they acted as one would assume, now they will be pilloried while being milked for cheap headlines all week and the game will be played endlessly for decades as an example of "the best of league".

I don't think anyone would disagree with your last statement BUT how long do you hang onto all the hate? The only ones they are hurting are themselves and the club. The NRL couldn't care less about the 'hypocrisy' and 'hubris'. I bet you they sleep well at night! Gallop has won. I can just see him sitting there smiling and rubbing his hands together as we speak. I bet you his coffee tastes better this morning!!!!

Brookie said:
Moops said:
Susan, give up.

agree.

dr no fun

Nothing to say really...I think your avatar says it all.

Gangsta? Seriously????
You sound like one of the ten year olds that i teach

Have to agree with susan on this in some ways. I realise the Stewart boys will never recover from the dark days of 2009 and 2010 but had noticed that Glenn was lucky not to get cited prior to this in the two previous weeks (I'm a massive Gifty fan and this hurts to say it).
Maybe Dessie probably should have sat him down for a game or two and let Ferris/Harrison have a run for those that are going to say we might have lost a game or two look at the positives i.e more experience for Jamie and if we have an injury crisis in the backrow we will experienced players ready, willing and able. In other words SHORT TERM PAIN, LONG TERM GAIN

Matabele said:

No group of people involved in the game of league are as hypocritical as supporters. The colour of a jersey determines how hey feel about any situation or incident more than the act itself.

I'm not going to hang the Stewart bros for their actions, who knows how one would react given what they've gone through, but in the same breath, well, it can't be a defence for everything.

Plenty of factors played a part in how Friday night evolved but none are likely to be valid defence.

Moops said:
Matabele said:

I don't think anyone would disagree with your last statement BUT how long do you hang onto all the hate? The only ones they are hurting are themselves and the club. The NRL couldn't care less about the 'hypocrisy' and 'hubris'. I bet you they sleep well at night! Gallop has won. I can just see him sitting there smiling and rubbing his hands together as we speak. I bet you his coffee tastes better this morning!!!!

Brookie said:
Moops said:
Susan, give up.

agree.

dr no fun

Nothing to say really...I think your avatar says it all.

Gangsta? Seriously????
You sound like one of the ten year olds that i teach

lol, you're the idiot here....
i was agreeing with you that susan should give up, calling susan dr no fun (not you)
so you attack me. i'm embarrassed for you now cause you misread the post. you sound like one of the 10 year olds that you teach...lol!

p.s. i'm probably older than you!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6