someone needs to speak to Brett Stewart a smh exclusive.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BoomStickBarbie

Reserve Grader
We all know what the bloke is really like?
No?
He is the biggest prick!!
The guys hasn't a care for the supporters of this great team.
All you have to do is observe him mingling with the great fans of this club to see his contempt towards them.
So many countless stories of him being a rude obnoxious twat to the fans is a disgrace.

Undoubtedly the guy is a freak and one of the greatest manly players ever to pull on the great Maroon and White and I hope he continues to be that for Manly as long as possible for him.

The below article imo is smack on about Stewart on personality capacity even if he is wrong about with what the try celebration was aboutor is he? Who the hell knows except for him

Just what ailis Manly fullback Brett Stewart? Stewart is, as you know, a supremely talented player with a troubled past that included being tried for sexual assault back in 2010 – where he was, and I emphasise, found Not Guilty.

But, given that background would you not think he would run a mile from anything contentious in the public domain? So, what the hell was he thinking, with his post-try celebration against Penrith on Monday night, when he broke the Manly try-scoring record?

Advertisement

I know what the record books will say, but I'm not sure why Snake, who would have, you'd think, a friendship and healthy respect for Beaver, would think he has surpassed beavers tryscoring tally. At least if it were me, I wouldn't consider myself having passed Beaver yet at Manly.

And especially knowing that Beaver considers all his tries are as a one club player because he was always signed to manly. It's like he is thumbing his nose a little....

It was a joke between mates, like Korbin and Mase;)

Unsurprisingly, the Media qualify everything Snake does with a reference to his trumped up charge :mad:

Hope he continues to sue them for damage to his reputation - apalling journalism :swear::punch:

The line about "troubled past" is disgusting. All charges were thrown out in court and the plaintiff there was shown to be nothing more than a money hungry grub.

So to say that someone wrongly accused of a serious offence has a troubled past because of that is mud slinging at its finest. Being wrongly accused of any crime could happen to anyone. To then say that person has a past just because that occurred DESPITE their complete innocence... Just garbage all round.

Fitzsimmons you fat piece of garbage, stick to your old boy soggy sao club rugby and leave league alone. You clearly know nothing.

Essentially I think it was a dumb thing to do by Brett. This sort of media focus was always a possibility. I was surprised at the time and I do think it would be best if someone could have a word with him about the right place and time for this sort of joke. He is a better man than this.

The line about "troubled past" is disgusting. All charges were thrown out in court and the plaintiff there was shown to be nothing more than a money hungry grub.

So to say that someone wrongly accused of a serious offence has a troubled past because of that is mud slinging at its finest. Being wrongly accused of any crime could happen to anyone. To then say that person has a past just because that occurred DESPITE their complete innocence... Just garbage all round.

Fitzsimmons you fat piece of garbage, stick to your old boy soggy sao club rugby and leave league alone. You clearly know nothing.

Spot on, Loobs.
The affectation of the red bandana pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Peter Fitzsimons: he is an A-grade wanker of the highest order. He also apparently doesn't read any Fairfax articles not written by himself: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/sins-of-the-father-20120615-204wg.html
He gleefully jumped on the Bash Brett Stewart bandwagon at the start of that whole fiasco and, like the A-grade wanker he is, has steadfastly refused to revise his opinion (which would require him to admit the possibility that he was wrong and that the game of rugby league is not the root of all evil in mankind).

Someone buy the SMH because that page would make good dunny paper.

You know, I normally don't mind Fitzsimons so much. I actually saw him play a union game for a South Australian 'select' team against the All Blacks here in Adelaide back in 1992 (he got sent off - apparently becoming the first Wallaby to ever get marched in a match against the AB's). But this article is just garbage.

Spot on, Loobs.
The affectation of the red bandana pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Peter Fitzsimons: he is an A-grade wanker of the highest order. He also apparently doesn't read any Fairfax articles not written by himself: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/sins-of-the-father-20120615-204wg.html
He gleefully jumped on the Bash Brett Stewart bandwagon at the start of that whole fiasco and, like the A-grade wanker he is, has steadfastly refused to revise his opinion (which would require him to admit the possibility that he was wrong and that the game of rugby league is not the root of all evil in mankind).

We need to ban all bandana's in public - they went out with gunsnroses in the 80s.

i spoke to him yesterday at the washed out mwse golf day & found him to quite at ease talking to us. had a quick chat & a few laughs before he moved on to talk to others.
on a side note matt ballin would have to be the nicest bloke there to have a chat with.

Someone needs to take fitzsimons aside and talk to him about his endless stream of banalities and cliches.

Someone needs to talk to Fitzsimons, wearing a bandanna does not hide your gone bald.

I guess I am like him on the rare occasions I read the SMH but I read anything except his articles.
Try's to be funny but fails miserably.

It was a joke between mates, like Korbin and Mase;)

Unsurprisingly, the Media qualify everything Snake does with a reference to his trumped up charge :mad:

Hope he continues to sue them for damage to his reputation - apalling journalism :swear::punch:
Do you know what Brett was indicating with this celebration, please explain?

Spot on, Loobs.
Absolutely agree.............Peter Fitzhenry or Henry Fitzpeter or Fitzsimons or whatever his name is has shown, on numerous occasions, his dislike of anything rugby league. Simply, he will try & find anything that he can turn into a negative & in this case it was Stewart's celebration. There is a reason he wears that red bandanna...anyone care to guess why?

I have met him at fan events where he has spoken openly and been generous with his time, I found him to be gracious and humble.
And we all know the work he does with children with diabetes.

What happened Barbie, did Brett decline to autograph your Eels cap?

Last edited:
Do you know what Brett was indicating with this celebration, please explain?

I posted it from twitter in the Brett Stewart Celebrations Thread
QUOTE="HappilyManly, post: 686905, member: 1609"]Brett Stewart Post Try Celebration on Monday was a "Feed the Chicken Dance" in tribute to the way @SteveMenzies11 moves on the dancefloor :D[/QUOTE]

Irrespective of what he was doing, its a non-event and does not warrant an investigation by some Rugger Bludger :mad:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7