• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi all
Being the loyal supporter that I am and given the fact my TV has just died. Has anyone used our sponsors product and what are your thoughts?

Hi all
Being the loyal supporter that I am and given the fact my TV has just died. Has anyone used our sponsors product and what are your thoughts?
I have a Soniq 50" plasma in my man's den. Had it for three years and picture is excellent. From memory it was $500 from JB Hi Fi. Bargain.

Used to work at JB HIFI for a number of years and sold a lot of the Soniq TV's.
Have to admit we used to have a lot come back with faults(they had our highest return rate). Picture quality etc is okay (although not up there with a Sony, Samsungs etc) but there is a reason they are cheaper.
You can get a dud in any brand but we certainly saw more of these come back than the other more well known brands.
About 6 years since I worked there though so quality may have improved since then.

There duds i returned it back to jb hifi through my warranty as the volume was always distorted & the picture was to pixelated.I even had them come out & try to fix the problem but couldn't.

Bought one as a cheap TV for the kids to play Xbox on. First one wouldn't turn on when we got it home, the replacement one they gave us worked for a week. Third time lucky........ No probs a year on

Jb hifi have the 55inch led for 699$
Workmate bought one last wek and are happy.

I have a 40 in the bedroom ( not smart tv) for 18 months and its been good.
Have a look in general / products thread im sure there is something in there about soniq.

I have a 32" with builtin DVD in bedroom ,have had it for about 8mths , great pic and sound , no problems , so far...

I have had a 32inch one in family room for 3 years, was really cheap and it works great and as good as the day I bought it. I think even they would say they are not trying to compete with the high end brands they are the extra TV around the house brand. I would say as a second TV or even an affordable large TV they are an excellent option. They aren't in the same league as Sony, Samsung, LG or Panasonic but as a low price point brand they are a great option and your TV helps pay for Manly. So if you want high end long term, they probably are not for you, but if you are looking for an affordable option for a big screen or a second telly, its better to get soniq instead of palsonic, Hisense and others of the same market share. And say thanks for the sponsorship.

Spoke too soon , Warranty is up TV is down, don,t know what happened but got no picture....
Unplug it and it should reset.

The last week my LG lost the picture but the sound was still OK. Then the doorbell rang a few times for no reason.:confused:
The Government is blasting us with secret rays - or it's the humidity @:worried:

Not a soniq but my TV is no good for footy. Got it for the GF in 2013. When any team wearing red, white and blue pass the ball it always looks to go forward. Putting five phone books under the left hand side and squinting seems to help.@:oops:

Got my mother a smallish Soniq for her kitchen/dining room two years ago, on every day, no problems, good price.:)

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
I have one in the bedroom (yes even god sleeps). I've had it for 3 years now and I have a ps3 and ps4 and a computer hooked up to it. Works as it should. Not a bad option and leaves you more $$$ to put in the collection plate on Sundays for me (just make sure you don't give any of those false idols your cash).

ULTRA-SONIC!!!

lol. I really like Ultra sonic.....and stopped listening to the angels....am I ever gunna see your face again ....so I could listen to this.

though Ihad jut listened to the angels 5 times in a row.

After this....it's over to ac/dc's "A long way to the top."

lol. I really like Ultra sonic.....and stopped listening to the angels....am I ever gunna see your face again ....so I could listen to this.

though Ihad jut listened to the angels 5 times in a row.

After this....it's over to ac/dc's "A long way to the top."
Take a long line live at the Manly leauges in the mid 90's. I thought Doc was gunna have a heart atack on stage.

Now back to anhilating rhythm

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6