Sonny Bill Factor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
This may sound crazy but I have 1st hand info regarding Sonny Bill & a possable return to, of all clubs - The Belmore allsorts!!
Now the funny thing is initial talks were several months ago & if it pans out he will be back in........2013.
Coincidence??? I recall a few interviews in the past when Des was asked who he would love to coach if he got the opportunity, guess who - Sonny Bill Williams.
Keep in mind I'm not a superstar detective but theres a few clues that add up & this may have been brewing longer than most think & though theres no certainties in this game anymore as we all know from this past few days, its 80% gunna happen & these ripples started long ago.

Soz - posted this before reading other threads & already discussed under "dog act" - :blush:
The info I added is accurate though relating to times & negotiating - & is becoming more painfully obvious it has been on the cards for ages.....

Moondog said:
The Dogs must be slow learners "Once bitten twice shy" they reckon, but not if your a Bulldog.

True, dymock sued the club once before. Now he's coach.

Old thread (I know) but the title fit the article in the smh.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/how-sonny-bill-lives-up-to-all-the-hype-20130704-2pey7.html

An article with his stats so far this year. Not doing too bad.

He is a freakish talent. Plenty of posters here doubted he would make such an impact on his return but I wasn't one of them.

Still plenty of time for him to get injured - but if he doesn't, the Roosters could easily be crowing by season's end. If all goes well for us we are one of the few teams capable of stopping them. However it is hard to see them missing a top-2 finish at this stage and we all know what an advantage that is.

Anyone who cant see this guys talent and effect on a football side is either stupid or cant get past the history. If he was in our side we would win the comp. Super player.

He is a very good player but does have regular off games where he offers very little as well but they are offset by some great games. He is on the big bucks and most of the time he is worth it.

I reckon this guy gets overhyped by the media. I hear that he set-up three tries against us on Monday night. Really?
I can count one, but in the others he just passed the ball and it went through other hands before getting to the scorer.
What about him butchering a try when Pearce put him through a gap, and he ran too far before throwing a poor pass to Jennings, or the time he passed the ball into the stands when a try was on.
Yes, this guy is potentially good but he is getting an easy run from the media.
He has plenty of errors in his game.

Utility Player said:
The money to rorters are getting through extra bums on seats, sponsorship and media exposure would more than pay his wages.

Agreed. His marketing appeal probably outweighs his on-field ability. But so too does that of Benji Marshall and Beau Ryan . . . and even our own Wolfman.

He is hugely overhyped, must be a clause in his contract where the commentators have to blow a load over every bit of play

He is playing well though

The best example of the overhype has been the past couple of weeks, against the Dogs he put 2 grubbers in which both dribbled into touch "beautiful play from Sonny Bill" but the best of the season was last Monday night when he threw the ball to nobody and into touch "beautiful lob pass there from SBW, unlucky the winger wasn't there to catch it" lol

bones said:
Best forward in the game IMO.

I had a massive opinion of him when he left the dogs.

Now I am wondering if I have ever seem a better forward, Arthur Beetson is the only one that compares to me.

Greatest player in the game at present.

There is a huge feature on him in today's SMH showing stats as to why he lives up to the hype. On first reading they are impressive, and it seems he is the best attacking forward in the game. I will have to agree with this.
But then comes the selective reporting... or non-reporting
There are no stats about the number of tackles he makes, or misses, or his errors.
I'm sure a relatively unsung forward such as Corey Parker would have better all-round stats than Money-Bill.

bones said:
Best forward in the game IMO.

Agree. Best player in the game along side inglis at the moment.

Kiwi Eagle said:
He is hugely overhyped, must be a clause in his contract where the commentators have to blow a load over every bit of play

The best example of the overhype has been the past couple of weeks, against the Dogs he put 2 grubbers in which both dribbled into touch "beautiful play from Sonny Bill" but the best of the season was last Monday night when he threw the ball to nobody and into touch "beautiful lob pass there from SBW, unlucky the winger wasn't there to catch it" lol

Made me laugh. No credit to snake who I thought made him **** up the pass with his hesitation in defence.

Kiwi Eagle said:

Made me laugh. No credit to snake who I thought made him **** up the pass with his hesitation in defence.

Hyped,overhyped,underhyped...people talk as if that is his fault.That is the medias problem/fault, not his. He doesn't write the papers or call the game and if he gets paid by 9 to do all the promotional stuff it simply means he is getting the most $ value from his talent.

He is clearly the best forward in the game and only GI compares overall in terms of star power. One thing I can guarantee is that if Foz and DCE had him to give it to in the red zone we would not be struggling to score points.If he doesn't get over himself he attracts enough attention to make it easier for others.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4