• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Surprised this hasn't been raised yet !!

I know it's all done and dusted BUT it's been a long time since NSW has won 3 zip.

Can they do it??

Will the Queenslanders fill Suncorp??

Will there be some biff??

Plenty to discuss

COMMANDER said:
Origin is just not that important Mark :)

That's soooo funny @COMMANDER

Couldn't buy a bloody ticket to any of the last 20 games up here and as soon as you lose no one wants to go!!

Origin is dead!!

Wake me up when it's over?

World Series Baseball NBA playoffs etc biggest events in the USA don't play "dead rubbers" so why do the NRL. It's should be the first team to win twice in the case of Origin.

Yeah I agree with the (small) wave on this.

It wouldn't have something to do with revenue-raising and TV ratings, now would it......?

The nature of the beast is the players will take it seriously (as will a good share out in TV-land).

If they'd handed the Blues the shield after game 2, and said enough, I wouldn't object.

The risk of injury to valuable players is the number 1 deterrent for me.

Clint said:
Baaaahumbugs........ GO NSW!! Stick it up those 2 headed, canetoad licking, Queenslanders!!

Oh of course, mate.

I'll watch and want NSW to get a clean-sweep.

I just mean I wouldn't object if they canned a 3rd game, if it is ''dead''.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Surprised this hasn't been raised yet !!

You and me both Mark. I've been waiting for it to come up!

I hope the Blues get the clean-sweep and I hope there isn't any biff but I think there will be. Qld will figure that's the only way they can win.

However, aside from all that, of paramount importance is that Cherry or what's-his-name finishes the game unscathed. Fingers crossed!

I too want the clean-sweep.

To see their faces at Suncorp, beaten 3-0, after 8 long years!

I also want Chez to get through OK.

Mostly I want to see these 2 great footy teams forget the frustrations and niggle (the series is decided now) and show us all what they can really do.

Similar to game 1 would be appropriate!

(And another Blues W of course).

RiverEagle said:
Clint said:
Baaaahumbugs........ GO NSW!! Stick it up those 2 headed, canetoad licking, Queenslanders!!

Oh of course, mate.

Of course the other side is if Qld win they will go out on top and we will feel like losers.

After 8 years of Qld telling everyone how great and loyal they are......I find it laughable that now they've lost a series they can't sell all tickets to the game. Its like "we lost so now we don't care".

If the fans in Qld were as loyal as claimed there would be 52,500 at Suncorp tonight....as it is they are going to be lucky if they get 50k tonight.

Nothing new though. Look at Origin since it became a 3 game series in 1982. Qld win they generally fill Lang Park. Lose and they stay away.

bob dylan said:
RiverEagle said:
Clint said:

Oh of course, mate.

Of course the other side is if Qld win they will go out on top and we will feel like losers.

Exactly.

It's gonna look ridiculous lifting the shield up there if we lose.

Maybe that will fire us up enough, I hope.

This game will open up & be a far more exciting game than the 2nd game....hope the ruck sleepfest & cheap shots are left out & the ref shows some kahunas early by speeding up this area.
In saying this, far more pumped to see the Seaeagles kick the Magpies asses on Friday!

Keep thinking back to Gus' comments after we romped it home in 2005.....

"NSW are on the verge of a dynasty. I can't see Qld winning for another 10 years!"

So he alllllmost had it right.

Go the blues!

xavier said:
The thought of having more exposure to Josh Reynolds is a big turn off. I find it hard to support any side with him in it.

Completely agree. An absolute dickhead.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6