• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bennyeagle

Reserve Grader
Just a thought, we look pretty thin in the back row if trex watmough buhrer and gifty are out ! Who would you have cover these positions in their absence ?

Harrison, Lussick, L. Foran and Skinner. Not the same, but it's not terrible replacements. I also can't see T-Rex getting selected, and if he does I doubt Watmough will.

T-Rex and Watmough will both get selected - Stuart's not an idiot - he knows we need to fight fire with fire, and the only way to do that is to have Sims, Tamou and the Rex running around smashing those toads.

Stewart
Hayne
Jennings
Morris
Uate
Carney
Pearce
Gallen
Farah
Tamou
Watmough
Stewart
Lewis
Reserves: Sims, T-Rex, ??, ??

bennyeagle said:
Just a thought, we look pretty thin in the back row if trex watmough buhrer and gifty are out ! Who would you have cover these positions in their absence ?

If all 4 play SOO, our depth in the backrow will be tested. Harrison will need to be an 80 minute player most likely. I'd go with this -
13. L-Foz
12. Harrison
11. Galuvao

If you watched the footy show on Sunday, Stuart all but said Greg bird will be there and not as a utility, so i presume he will be in the back row

On Jamie Lyon and origin , so much has been written i've forgotten where they all stand but Glen Stewart and Jamie Lyon together would worry the **** out of Qld, especially with Uate outside and Brett inside. That combination with Pearce and Carney knowing each others game would at least put NSW in a position to score enough points to win

I believe Jamie, has officially retired from SOO. Im guessing it has to do with the toll it takes on their body.

I think the St George Centre Matt Cooper is in the same boat.

jbb/james said:
If you watched the footy show on Sunday, Stuart all but said Greg bird will be there and not as a utility, so i presume he will be in the back row

On Jamie Lyon and origin , so much has been written i've forgotten where they all stand but Glen Stewart and Jamie Lyon together would worry the s**t out of Qld, especially with Uate outside and Brett inside. That combination with Pearce and Carney knowing each others game would at least put NSW in a position to score enough points to win

Jamie gave it up years ago - focussing on Manly. What a champ!

Minimum 3 Seaeagles picked - anywhere up to 7 possabilities.
Prefer them fresh for Manly but SOO offers a deserved reward, that in turn makes them better & more confident players in the crunch games at seasons end.
Those worried about the Roosters game need to realise they are pretty much headless chooks without Pearce - who is almost a certainty for the Blues 7.

Okay so i have finally come to a conclusion on my side

1. Stewart - Dugan is a great player but Stewarts defense and organisational qualities are key
2. Hayne - Out of form, but an Origin player
3. Jennings - Likewise with Hayne, put him outside Carney and watch him go
4. Lawrence - Probably lucky that that there is a lack of competition in the centres atm)
5. Uate - Obviously
6. Carney - Best half NSW has, despite the fact he is a grub
7. Pearce - Deserves his place
8. Gallen - Thank god he wasn't ruled out
9. Farah - never rated Ennis personally
10. Mannah - Soak up the pressure early and provide quick play the balls
11. Lewis - Obviously
12. Watmough - steps up for the blues
13. G Stewart - Second best forward NSW have

14. Bird - Proven SOO player
15. T-Rex - Unleash Hell son
16. Tamou - See above
17. Tariq Sims - See above

18. Hinchcliffe

- All this utility talk is garbage, if they are not one of the best 17 in NSW dont pick em, Lewis, T-Rex, G Bid and G Stewart all offer versitility

- Impact players off the bench, imagine Tamou, Williams and Sims coming on after 20!

- None of Hayne, Lawrence and Jennings are in the best form but Jennings and Hayne have proven what they can do and Lawrence beats out a poor field (Morris boys are not SOO material)

- Mannah just edged Merrin imo, but wouldnt argue the other way around

GO NSW!

Pretty much exactly where I am at Disco, although I am a big fan of Lehroyd Lahs so I would go him ahead of Tamou personally but don't think the selectors will

The Morris twins are unlucky but Im not a big fan of them at Origin level either. Same with guys like Creagh and Hoffman

Disco I agree with your selection philosophy, there is enough versatility in the players you have picked. Not sure about the wingers and centers, maybe Lawrence out. J Morris in. Not a big deal really

I like that team although i'd have Luke Lewis in at center instead of Lawrence, Bird to start, TLL on bench.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4