Sorry fellow fans but I'm ****ting myself

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
I'm gone. My brain swings between daring to entertain that we flog the Warriors. Then as fast as hell it's back to dreading defeat by an unpredictable, nothing to lose, well coached Warriors outfit. It feels really weird, this GF. 07 I was kinda confident but I knew the cheats were strong. 08 I knew we had revenge to extract and we did, big time. This time I'm worried the momentum may, just may be not in our favour. Can't quite put my finger on it. But I am worried, weirdly and also ****ting myself.

I'm still confident....the only thing i fear is another 97. We should have smashed the knights but we didn't.

31--J%2Bb4EEL.jpg

Worst case scenario is that we loose a GF we still were better than 14 other teams. I personally am happy just to have made it, but of course would be thrilled to win it.

danny-boy said:
I'm still confident....the only thing i fear is another 97. We should have smashed the knights but we didn't.

Difference is no Graig Field. Remember he should have gone for a field goal but did some stupid thing that gave them the ball.

It will be tight but this team has talent and some brains.

I think the Warriors played their GF in Melbourne. Let's not forget they are inexperienced in GF's, we are not. We have a few things in our favour as follows:

1. The Stewart Brothers have a point to prove
2. Smokin Joe will probably view this as his last opportunity to win a GF
3. Robbo knows this is his last opportunity
4. Rodney knows this is his last opportunity
5. Big Georgie missed 2008 and won't want a lost GF to his name
6. Hoppa will want to leave Manly with a GF win
7. All of the boys that were there in 2007 know what it's like to lose a GF and won't let it happen
8. Foran & DCE are born winners
9. Tell me which one of their players you would swap for our equivalent.....none for me
10. We, as a club have a winning culture

The Warriors are worthy opponents, no doubt, but they are hit and miss. We will not be as soft as the scum or the pussy cats. We will be brutal in the forwards and have a delicate touch in the backs.

It will be a similar game to the donkeys game. We will be in control against a determined and dogged opposition, but our class will prevail 22 - 14.

I also fear a loss but im not going to think about it unless it actually happens. If the boys turn up and play as well as they did against the Storm, Cowboys in the second half and most of the Bongos game we have a great chance of winning. Also the Warriors are not a consistent side, i will be surprised if they play as well as they did against the Scum.

Ralphie said:
I think the Warriors played their GF in Melbourne. Let's not forget they are inexperienced in GF's, we are not. We have a few things in our favour as follows:

1. The Stewart Brothers have a point to prove
2. Smokin Joe will probably view this as his last opportunity to win a GF
3. Robbo knows this is his last opportunity
4. Rodney knows this is his last opportunity
5. Big Georgie missed 2008 and won't want a lost GF to his name
6. Hoppa will want to leave Manly with a GF win
7. All of the boys that were there in 2007 know what it's like to lose a GF and won't let it happen
8. Foran & DCE are born winners
9. Tell me which one of their players you would swap for our equivalent.....none for me
10. We, as a club have a winning culture

The Warriors are worthy opponents, no doubt, but they are hit and miss. We will not be as soft as the scum or the pussy cats. We will be brutal in the forwards and have a delicate touch in the backs.

It will be a similar game to the donkeys game. We will be in control against a determined and dogged opposition, but our class will prevail 22 - 14.
I kinda feel better Ralphie. Thanks.

torana355 said:
I also fear a loss but im not going to think about it unless it actually happens. If the boys turn up and play as well as they did against the Storm, Cowboys in the second half and most of the Bongos game we have a great chance of winning. Also the Warriors are not a consistent side, i will be surprised if they play as well as they did against the Scum.

I look at it this way, if the scum had gone through I wouldn't have been able to bear losing to them. If the Warriors jag a win against us, it will be a real poke in the eye of NZ rugby and therefor almost bearable.

Baz I told you last Fri night we would belt the Broncos and we did.

I am equally confident we will belt the Warriors.

When we won on Fri we were in a team huddle planning the GF win.

When the Warriors won on Sat night they were running around in circles like they'd won lotto.

Big difference.

We've been there, done it, and will do it again.

I'm gone. My brain swings between daring to entertain that we flog the Warriors. Then as fast as hell it's back to dreading defeat by an unpredictable, nothing to lose, well coached Warriors outfit.

When we were awaiting Manly's clash against the Bronco's, I was worried that Manly were going to exit the finals because it was Darrin Lockyer's last season, but then we won and we're now in the GF. I'm just glad it's the Warriors and not the Storm for once. I know that the Storm weren't in the finals last year because of the Salary Cap but that one doesn't count.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6