Sorry: players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
We're sorry, guys

SEA EAGLES' players have offered a heartfelt apology to supporters for their disastrous NRL Grand Final loss to the Melbourne Storm at Telstra Stadium on Sunday night.

Struggling to come to terms with their performance, after such a wonderful season, second-rower Glenn Stewart told The Manly Daily he felt like the team had let all their loyal supporters down.

The despondent 23-year-old also revealed he had feared the worst when his younger brother Brett was knocked unconscious early in the second half.

The Manly fullback was taken from the field after a pummeling tackle from Melbourne fullback Billy Slater and replacement forward Michael Crocker.

Brett recovered later and was named yesterday in the Australian team for the one-off Test match against New Zealand in Wellington this month.

The Sea Eagles had their Mad Monday yesterday drowning their sorrows in the penthouse suite of Manly's Bella Vista Seaside Apartments.

Most of the first grade squad including Jamie Lyon, Brett Stewart, Anthony Watmough, and Chris Hicks spent the day relaxing with a few drinks and a seafood barbecue lunch.

But for Glenn the reality of Sunday night's harrowing 34-8 thrashing has sunk in. ``I really want to say sorry to the fans.

``They got behind us all year and we owed them a lot better than that.''

``It's gut wrenching to lose this type of game.

``The difference between winning and losing a grand final is unbelievable.

``It's a real shame because of the amount of support we got and we couldn't do it for the fans.''

The majority of the team then dispersed back to their respective homes last night.

But the events of yesterday did little to ease the disappointment of Sunday night.

Prop Jason King described his maiden NRL grand final experience as a ``nightmare''.

``It will be chewing me up for the next few months and the other boys as well,'' the Belrose junior said.

``Normally you can make up for a performance like that next week but we have to sit on it for six months.

``It's a dream to play in a grand final but it's turned into a nightmare.

``To lose a grand final is one of the worst feelings I've had in my life.

``I just feel like we've let absolutely everybody down.

``I was jealous watching them receive the trophy and their rings.

``There's a lot of hard work ahead of us to come back but we'll get there.''

Centre Steven Bell said the defeat will hurt for a while.

``You don't get opportunities to play in a grand final every year so to get in there and save that performance for now makes it hurt even more,'' the Queensland centre said.

``You can handle getting beat if you play your best football but not when you play like that.''

That's it? they're 'sorry'! Have a beer and a prawn guys, all is forgiven. Yeah right. Get on the treadmill now King. Tackle bags tomorrow everyone. Kicking practise tonight Orford. etc etc.....

That's it? they're 'sorry'! Have a beer and a prawn guys, all is forgiven. Yeah right. Get on the treadmill now King. Tackle bags tomorrow everyone. Kicking practise tonight Orford. etc etc.....
your a ****en toss pot mate

They were bad on sunday nite actually they were woeful but they will learn from that but it amazes me how some fools here and MSE want to forget the 26 solid weeks before the grand final when the lads gave us our best season in 10 years.

Remember 12 months ago Melbourne were in the same boat.

[quote author=DSM5]
your a ****en toss pot mate

They were bad on sunday nite actually they were woeful but they will learn from that but it amazes me how some fools here and MSE want to forget the 26 solid weeks before the grand final when the lads gave us our best season in 10 years.

Remember 12 months ago Melbourne were in the same boat.
[/quote]

26 solid weeks before me sfa if they do that in a GF.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4