Souffs...the fear has gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
Funny how a year can change things so much...this time last year, about to face up to the Bunnies, I would have been thinking that our pack was about to get trampled by a herd of rampaging giants. No longer worried about that. With Turbo cutting people in half, Sao playing long minutes and a bench that now holds a scattering of decent forwards, the fear of getting smacked around up the ruck has goooone...

NOW I'm more concerned about Dylan Walker and Alex Johnson cutting up our slightly slow outside backs instead. But overall, I'm 50/50 on this one. I reckon we have a decent chance of going back to back here.

I want Leary back in the team, even if it's on the bench.
Not scared of souths, I really think we can win this, but attitude is everything. Stupid to think that if we win on Friday we'll only be 2 points outside the top 8.

Not scared of souths, I really think we can win this, but attitude is everything. Stupid to think that if we win on Friday we'll only be 2 points outside the top 8.
I thought Hasson played his best game of the year thus far: but was still bewildered as to why he was there ahead of Leary. He's faster, harder with a bit of mongrel.

Why was Leary out? Was he injured? It doesn't make sense to think that he has done anything to warrant being dropped. He has been one of our best forwards lately.

Last edited:
I have this argument every year with the Premiers fans. There is a reason why no team has gone back to back in the unified comp since 1993. And it's because its exceptionally hard to do.
1) you've climbed Everest. Going up again seems like hard work
2) players and teams will often sacrifice and do the 1 percenters to get that premiership. Sometimes once you succeed, standards can slip slightly
3) everyone wants to knock you off the perch. Every team rises against the premiers
4) every team studies you to death
5) salary cap. This is massive as well in the modern game. Players like say keary may have been on 100k, he now wants 500k.

The whole talk about Souths going undefeated was a bad joke. Even at full strength all year this wouldn't happen. But take into account origin and injuries and it's definitely not happening.

The vermin are finding out how hard it is to defend a premiership. Everyone wants a piece of them and if Manly have any pride we MUST atone for the 2 defeats last season, they humiliated us! They are weaker for sure but very formidable still!

I said to a mate today at work " this is great we are coming last with 3 other sides now "" then I thought about it . It's quite bloody sad really but in saying that I think we can beat the wabbits.

The only way is up for us now. I too am feeling a bit of confidence leading into Friday's game(Damn I don't want to jinx things). If we play to our ability we should win but I guess that's been the same all year. Still am staying positive.

Last week the media were beating the drum of Tapua and there forwards and our underrated forwards silenced them if our forwards can back it up we are right in this game

11011288_10205695254673410_697800726232377074_n.jpg

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4