Sour Grapes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Look, i know its being cheap, we lost the game and its just sour grapes (titled as such)

But who else can stand when a wooden spoon team throws their hands up at the end of the game beating previous years GF team?

It just ****s me, its like woohoo, round one win, **** yeah, we beat the best team yadda yadda after a week of the biggest **** storm since coffs harbour.

Also, hasem elmasri. **** footballer, good goal kicker. Disgrace to the game that  guy who can only score goals is counted as a points scorer along side players like johns, stewart and the like who add so much more than two minutes to kick goal after the skillful players give us what we want to see.

End rant

/sourgrapes

hahaha I feel your pain.

Anyway no surprise we lost.  Excluding the last week we always get beat round 1 anyway.  

I think we all know what happens to the teams that peak at the start of the season. By round 5 you will have Canberra, Bulldogs, Titans, Panthers all up in the top 8 and by the end of the season they will be fighting it out for the spoon.

0-6 first half penalty count didn't help things.  I thought Gallop had ended the punishment with the $100k fine.

Who cares enjoy the fact we are world champions, they are round one winners........ big difference, im sure any teamwould swap for our possie

Can we invent a trophy and invite Gallop out to Brookie after rnd 5 to present it to us after we flog the tigers.........

QldEagle link said:
Can we invent a trophy and invite Gallop out to Brookie after rnd 5 to present it to us after we flog the tigers.........
  As a nice touch we'll name it after him.

The Failed Solicitor Cup.

I'd like to present Gallop with the law suit against the NRL when Stewart is cleared. That would make my day.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=QldEagle link=topic=179640.msg212547#msg212547 date=1237027791]

[/quote]
how about the **** CUP

Thats clearly sexual harrasment towards anyone with a **** cliffy.

4 week ban from the forum.

Reason: Not supporting a team owned by news.

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179640.msg212550#msg212550 date=1237027844]
[quote author=QldEagle link=topic=179640.msg212547#msg212547 date=1237027791]

[/quote]
how about the c**t CUP
[/quote]

I don't know about you Cliffy, but that po-faced ignoramus has no hope of giving as much pleasure as one of those when it gets cupped.

I was wondering, is there any way at all to guage or find info on the profits made by news on a year when one of their own teams takes the premiership, compared to when an independantly owned club wins?

We never got an opportunity to get into the game early. No posession and got caned in the penalties. Once we got behind the guys might have subconciously thrown in the towel. The weather didn't help and the Dogs played pretty well on the back of having plenty of the ball. Not much went our way tonight. Caps off a pretty sh!t week to be honest. There's always next week, let's hope they can bounce back.

CnC analysis spot on. But other lessons here amongst the other factors:
every bunch of miserable crumbs will aim up against us this year (at least that is the best assumption to go with weekly)

the 2 ref thing appears to emphasise the advantage to a team with roll on momentum

the bailey at 5/8 strategy is a work in progress. Probably right to give it the time to develop but there is and will be alot of pressure on while B.Stewart is out. seeing ox trying to playmake both sides of the ruck (eg. in the grubber kick gone wrong) is a bit worrying.

Chip & Chase link said:
Not much went our way tonight. Caps off a pretty sh!t week to be honest. There's always next week, let's hope they can bounce back.

Agreed. Just one of those nights when nothing went our way. They weren't that good and we weren't that bad (aside from the handling errors). At least the season is underway.
Warriors looked good tonight so we'll be up against it next week.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4