Souths Entitlement Issues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Firstly great win tonight.

But tonights win (and last years Prelim Final win) shows how Souths turn up to games at times just believing they are entitled to win. That was evident in Week 3 of the Semis last year, and I thought showed with them tonight. They just had that attitude. Which is why I believe Souths will struggle to win a comp anytime soon. I remember last year when we dusted them Burgess whinged about how they didn't deserve that, and I think that sums up their attitude. They just have this overwhelming sense of entitlement that says 'the premiership is owed to us'.

And if there's one thing Manly has shown the competition, you don't deserve anything....you earn it.

Anyway, the best way to start a weekend, Manly win and Souths lose....if it's all from the 1 game....even better!!

I don't know if it was attitude or some other problem, but they were terrible.
So many errors, even Reynolds missed an easy kick. If Ryan Tandy had been in their team I would have been having serious misgivings.

I agree with you about their prospects. I still think we'll beat the Panthers in this year's decider :)

Panthers?? I can live with that!

I just think there is a real culture problem at the bunnies, and it's not helped by this whole 'pride of the league' rubbish the media spouts, or that when souths are going well the competition is going well. It has really given souths players and fans this perverse view that the premiership is rightfully theirs.

Killer03 said:
It has really given souths players and fans this perverse view that the premiership is rightfully theirs.
For 40 years they have dreamed of justice and righteousness. I've heard a lot of them actually believe in Santa and the tooth fairy, too. Cock-eyed optimists!

lol the swear filter over-reacted!

I cringe when I hear Rusty and his cronies refer to the vermin as the 'Pride of the league' lol. Nothing will change at Souffs till they understand that the game is not all about them. Clubs like them and Parra are the darlings of the media. The March premiers lol

Clubs like Manly get on with the task of winning in adversity. Souffs have to learn to do that.

Souffs are a good consistent team. What you see in march is what you see in september . They don't and can't rise to the occasion

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
rifraff said:
Souffs are a good consistent team. What you see in march is what you see in september . They don't and can't rise to the occasion

hahahaha Lekker

totally agree with this, I fail to understand how a club which hasn't won a premiership in 43 years can be titled 'Pride of the League'. Their fans are losers, their players are arrogant whinging chokers... hate them so much

Seriously just look at their backline. Lote,Beau,Bryson,Merritt. No way is that a premiership winning backline. Makeshift 5/8th Walker and a good halfback. Only quality is Inglis and we shut him down last night. I can't see them winning this. Storm,Roosters,Manly,Penrith better rosters than them.

Yeah I get the feeling too that souffs feel like they deserve the title.

It doesnt help that every souffs game i watch the refs help them along and the NRL puts them on a pedastal as the 'Pride of the league'.

Funny how when they were spooners year on end 5 yrs ago all their fans were sitting in the burrow, but soon as they win there front and centre NRL pin ups.

I think the burgess boys arrogance rubs off on the team and the constant love affair with Inglis had stopped soufs culture from growing. Souffs big issue is the constant reliance on inglis.

You shut down inglis, you shut down souffs.

Eagles2nv said:
Souffs big issue is the constant reliance on inglis.

You shut down inglis, you shut down souffs.

100% correct, their big forwards roll forward and he does the damage, the rest are ****e......stop him you stop the Bunnies

rifraff said:
Ha ha, yep, essentially, they are impotent. :cool:

Entitlement issues hits the nail on the head. They and their fans really believe they are the pride etc, and that they are the "next" premiers. I love the delusion, wake up fools, your chance was last year, and it has gone.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2