Souths won't beat us a third time this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
We are 0-2 this year against souths but they won't beat us a third time when we meet them in the semis

They could. If we play them in 2 vs 3 semi then we can meet in the GF as well. But I agree, we would win that 4th game.

Of course they will if it has been decided before the match that a Souths win will be more beneficial for the NRL/News Limited/Ch9 than a Manly win. That is exactly what occurred last night. With Souths on the slide recently it was important that they won last night to ensure their 2 big games against the Bulldogs & Roosters are seen as massive blockbusters. This would have ensured maximum exposure, advertising revenue, TV ratings etc.

KaZa said:
were 0-2 against Souths and the Roosters. doesnt bode well. Poor record.

I recall when we'd beaten Newcastle 13 times in a row and met them in the grand final. A good record means little when you start off each match nil-all, especially in a GF.

I recall when we'd beaten Newcastle 13 times in a row and met them in the grand final. A good record means little when you start off each match nil-all, especially in a GF.

I have been trying for almost 16 years to wipe my memory of that game. I was almost there until I read that.

I get the feeling Tooves & the boys will have red mist from here on out so other teams look out.

Correct me if I'm wrong the last time Souths beat us twice in the regular season was 1987 and something happened that year can't put my finger on it.

we wont beat them , they are so much better than us its a fact....

seriously i know were good , but how can we truly win when we play against 17 of them ???

2 extra on the field
2 extra in the video box !!!!

but there is one thing that no one get stop or prevent and that is the circle of life...... KARMA it always comes around sooner than later !!!!

The only Karma would be a well placed cement truck. Now where is Bozo. Remember 1987 after a similar scenario in a game at Shark Park.

eagles2win said:
I get the feeling Tooves & the boys will have red mist from here on out so other teams look out.

Correct me if I'm wrong the last time Souths beat us twice in the regular season was 1987 and something happened that year can't put my finger on it.

Sorry to put a dampener on it, but it was actually 1986.
Manly beat Souths in 1987 at Redfern Oval. That was the game Ronnie Gibbs scored his famous kick and regather try.

KaZa said:
were 0-2 against Souths and the Roosters. doesnt bode well. Poor record.

That must mean the Roosters are no chance too. Because the only team in the top 4 they have beaten is crappy Manly. The haven't beaten Souths or the storm yet.

This thread has got a bit of the 'Bill and Ted vs Death' about it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6BDeKn-qc&feature=player_detailpage

We were the better team Friday night. Simple as that. I thought our forwards out muscled theirs. Seriously though, how big is the Burgess kids heads?

I feel for their poor mother. She must have shocking leakeage at this point in her career.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6