Special Event Buses to SFS next Friday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brookie4eva

Bencher
I was just advised by a mate who works for the STA that there will be special event buses, paid for by the NRL apparently, running next Friday from Northern Beaches to the SFS.

They will be starting at Warriwood and going down Pittwater Rd past Dee Why and Brookvale, then straight to SFS. Not sure if other routes will be running.

I don't have any further details currently, but I would expect something to be on the web next week - http://www.131500.com.au/events

So anyone who was using lack of transport from Northern Beaches to SFS as an excuse not to go had better organise themselves a ticket.

Why weren''t the Manly bays at SFS on sale this weeK? Typical NRL wasted opportunity. All the buzz earlier in the week would have seen Manly bandwagoners buy tickets. Now the NRL has to start again next week cold.

I might catch a bus from Randwick to Manly so I can catch one of those buses back to the SFS.

Brookie4eva said:
I was just advised by a mate who works for the STA that there will be special event buses, paid for by the NRL apparently, running next Friday from Northern Beaches to the SFS.

They will be starting at Warriwood and going down Pittwater Rd past Dee Why and Brookvale, then straight to SFS. Not sure if other routes will be running.

I don't have any further details currently, but I would expect something to be on the web next week - http://www.131500.com.au/events

So anyone who was using lack of transport from Northern Beaches to SFS as an excuse not to go had better organise themselves a ticket.

Great to see and they need to advertise / tell people through the Manly Daily / Manly 's web & facebook page and remind it’s "FREE" transport part of the ticket purchase.

It was also in the “SFS chase Eagles” news article.

“FORMER Manly CEO Pat Wilson (now general manager of operations at the Sydney Cricket Ground SFS Trust.

Wilson held a meeting with the NRL on Thursday where he was told buses would be organised to travel from Brookvale Oval to the SFS next Friday.”

The buses for next Friday will actually be paid for by the Sea Eagles.

Details are still not confirmed. Once everything is in place we will be releasing details.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Larissa said:

Details are still not confirmed. Once everything is in place we will be releasing details.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Typical. The NRL gets the gate takings and asks the club to pay to get the fans there!
Larissa, hopefully they will be picking up people along the way, such as at Cremorne Junction/neutral Bay...
a stop outside The Oaks would be perfect!

The Who said:
Larissa said:

Go Manly!

Larissa

Typical. The NRL gets the gate takings and asks the club to pay to get the fans there!
Larissa, hopefully they will be picking up people along the way, such as at Cremorne Junction/neutral Bay...
a stop outside The Oaks would be perfect!

First stop Vidmar's place, then SFS via Fox Studio's Pub :angel:

Larissa said:

Go Manly!

Larissa

That's not fair Larissa. I know we have to do it to get the better gate takings. However, what's the point when we lose our profits on buses?

I just don't think its fair on the Manly club when they run free trains to ANZ for the Westies

The NRL is not running the free trains to Homebush, ANZ stadium is. Not sure what profits you are talking about either Jono, I thought the profits from finals matches gate takings go to the NRL, not Manly.

bones said:
The NRL is not running the free trains to Homebush, ANZ stadium is. Not sure what profits you are talking about either Jono, I thought the profits from finals matches gate takings go to the NRL, not Manly.

Memberships and merchandise sales. Not the gate receipts.

I thought we got an equal share of the gate takings with the opposition team? You just made my point better there Bones if you are correct. If this is the case we will run at even worse a loss and that is more of a reason for the NRL to run the buses.

For 2 pins I should contact Mike Baird and see if they'll run the buses for free.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7