Speculation and rumours!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
We should get rid of the have a whinge forum and create a speculation and rumours forum instead. This site is full of it atm. I propose we stop circulating media bull**** and wait for statements from the club. The constant bull**** flinging is creating un needed hysteria.

Look into things you read people. All of the **** being reported atm is not fact. It is designed to sell newspapers and it's working. The Telegraph especially is renowned for fabrication of truth so don't bother with it.

Not 1 person on here knows the whole truth about what has transpired between Des and the board in the last few weeks. It is speculation and rumour everyone is treating as truth and it's bull**** to do so.

I'll be waiting to hear it from the horses mouth before i call for heads to roll.

The best way to stop we fans speculating is to receive some factual information from the club.

We have been told nothing official, so media reports are all we can we go on. And, ultimately, many of these media reports have proven to be true.

Surely it would be best for the club to keep us informed - and hear the club's side of things?

Stevo said:
We should get rid of the have a whinge forum and create a speculation and rumours forum instead. This site is full of it atm. I propose we stop circulating media bull**** and wait for statements from the club. The constant bull**** flinging is creating un needed hysteria.

Look into things you read people. All of the s**t being reported atm is not fact. It is designed to sell newspapers and it's working. The Telegraph especially is renowned for fabrication of truth so don't bother with it.

Not 1 person on here knows the whole truth about what has transpired between Des and the board in the last few weeks. It is speculation and rumour everyone is treating as truth and it's bull**** to do so.

I'll be waiting to hear it from the horses mouth before i call for heads to roll.

Well, they do seem to eventually come to fruition, don't they? It seems that the Tele stories are pretty much spot on, just not straight away.

Absolutely spot on stevo, i would not believe 5% of what i read in the telegraph, particulary from that ****wit rothfield.
Lets face it, all sides in this blew have made mistakes, inc dessie.
But do not forget the FACT, he took over a shambles and guided (along with many others and some good luck along the way) us to 2 titles and established a good, tough culture at the club.
Time for the senior players (esp choc, gift, matai, mb) to stand up and lead from the front next year thru this transition period. A good solid result next year and all this B.S. will be long forgotten.
No1 priority scout out another Jamie Lyon, the player i think has had the biggest influence on the club in the last 5yrs - class act !!!

You know the only way to stop it Stevo is for the moderators to shut this forum down NOW. We will then see over the next week or 2 how many media stories are being lifted from this forum. I dont think too many are. I think these stories are coming from within the Bulldogs because they are trying to destabilise Manly to the point of sacking Des.

Stevo said:

Look into things you read people. All of the s**t being reported atm is not fact. It is designed to sell newspapers and it's working. The Telegraph especially is renowned for fabrication of truth so don't bother with it.

I think that the "Have a Whinge Forum" needs to stay but the forum that we already have that is closest to your suggested "Speculation and Rumours" forum would be:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Forum-NRL-Conspiracy-Theories

The Who said:
The best way to stop we fans speculating is to receive some factual information from the club.

We have been told nothing official, so media reports are all we can we go on. And, ultimately, many of these media reports have proven to be true.

Surely it would be best for the club to keep us informed - and hear the club's side of things?

Sounds like a good idea, but I'm not actually sure what the club could say. Especially about the rumours about players leaving. What could they say other than, they will be trying their best to keep those players?

One thing I would like to see if we do sack Des, is a press conference from Toovs and him showing the type of leadership and strength he had when he captained the club.

• 👍
Reactions: ads
I heard a rumour from Canterbury way and thats is Dymock is pissed off that Hasler is going to take over his job and when Hasler does takes over there will be Chaos in Canterbury. Dymock has allready stated that he hasnt contacted and has no intentions of contacting Hasler .
There you go Dean Richie cop this **** !!!!

Maybe Moops. But that's not the point. My point is the hysteria being created by taking as fact what is reported before it happens.

lamph1 said:
But do not forget the FACT, he took over a shambles and guided (along with many others and some good luck along the way) us to 2 titles and established a good, tough culture at the club.

Yes, he has delivered us 2 titles but it is looking like he will leave the club in a worse state than he found it. I have no time for the bloke, all respect has gone.

Why do you blame it on Des though? Do you know for fact all of this is his doing or do you just believe what you are boing fed?

What reason do I have to believe that it Des is not a main contributer to all that is occuring? As many problems as there are with the board, none of them are leaving so they have a vested interest in the success of the club. Des is the only one with any power that has no interest in the success of the club beyond 2012 (or possibly even 2011).

That's an assumption though mate. So in other words you have NFI what has occured. Des may well be the villain here but maybe he isn't.

I'm not disagreeing with you entirely. I'm just pointing out that until the facts are released it's pointless to lay blame and scare monger.

So much speculation. That is what gets me. People assume that Des is the cause, or Reilly is the cause or even Matabele is the cause.

In the end, most of us don't know. If we stuck to what was fact and certain, things would be a lot calmer.

Canteen Worker said:
So much speculation. That is what gets me. People assume that Des is the cause, or Reilly is the cause or even Matabele is the cause.

In the end, most of us don't know. If we stuck to what was fact and certain, things would be a lot calmer.

EXACTLY

Moops said:
So far, they seem to have got more right than wrong!!

What, like the following "done deals" they reported:
1. Ricky Stuart to the Bulldogs
2. Des to stay at Manly
3. Hoppa to the Bulldogs
4. Hoppa to stay at Manly
5. Crusher to stay at Manly
6. Egan to stay at Manly
7. Warwick to the Bulldogs

They would be just as accurate if they simply made stuff up.

Funny that...

MadMarcus said:
Moops said:
So far, they seem to have got more right than wrong!!

What, like the following "done deals" they reported:
1. Ricky Stuart to the Bulldogs
2. Des to stay at Manly
3. Hoppa to the Bulldogs
4. Hoppa to stay at Manly
5. Crusher to stay at Manly
6. Egan to stay at Manly
7. Warwick to the Bulldogs

They would be just as accurate if they simply made stuff up.

Funny that...

I don't think they are made up per say. These journos do get their information from sources. Its just that they ended up being wrong. The "poetic licence" the paper puts on stories though is things like club X is talking to Player Y as thought its a done deal. They've all got their people within a club. I'm sure all those stories at one point in time were as close to being a done deal as can be, but whatever reason things changed.

I don't for one second believe that the Dogs aren't peddling the stories about Foran wanting to join them and that they are willing to offer big dollars. If you were a journo and someone from Canterbury told you that, do you think you really wouldn't print it?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4