Spine Tingling Stuff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
What moment in Manly's history brings a tear to your eye, no matter how many times you watch it?

The Steve Menzies try in 2008 is going to be at the top of many supporters list. And rightly so. There cannot be a more fitting way to send out a true legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLlNX00huGs

For you as a supporter, are there any other moments in Manlys history that can rival this great moment?

Yeah this is probably my greatest ever manly moment. Was amazing watching it unfold live.

Also Snake smiling and enjoying footy again after all the BS was great to see.

No, that was the greatest moment for me, followed by our first GF win in 1972 and Rick Chisholms debut in first grade.

Yeah that a fairly clear winner for me too.

The try where Brett stole the ball from just above Benji back in about 2005 was also a special moment to win the game on the buzzer

Tezza's try in the corner against the Broncs, then Reeves kicks it over from the side to give us a draw was pretty special. Not as special as the Beaver try, but a great moment that showed that Manly spirit still lived on, even when we weren't winning premierships.

andyeagle said:
Tezza's try in the corner against the Broncs, then Reeves kicks it over from the side to give us a draw was pretty special. Not as special as the Beaver try, but a great moment that showed that Manly spirit still lived on, even when we weren't winning premierships.

Beaver by miles then this one. Plus Wolfman's try saving tackle on a Pink Panther a couple of years ago

And outsiders say our club has no soul....Steve Menzies, champion footy player, champion bloke...and a local to boot !

That's loyalty Dessie !

Definitely the 1972 grand final win against Easts that was Manly's first premiership. They had been 'bridesmaids' so many times before but this time it was there's. Mind you the Mundine like dummy spit reaction by Easts and like Cronulla a year later and Parramatta years later, claiming they 'was robbed' still annoys me no end. Damned bad sportsmanship.

The second moment was when Manly won the 1978 grand final against Cronulla after drawing finals matches twice, being barely able to get a team on the paddock and those out there like the walking wounded. The courage of that team has never been repeated. In the end they wiped Cronulla off the park.

Beaver hands down, it is made better by the commentary of Gould - "Imagine the Beaver scoring here" love it love it love it, we went nut bags in the stadium and I still love it.

As mentioned the Stewart try over Benjis head is a cracker

I doubt there will ever be a moment to rival Beaver's try.

The dropped ball by Neville Glover in 76 was gold though especially since I was the only Manly supporter at school amongst about a million Eels supporters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J5cGb8RM70

For those who want to relive it.

I said it from day one, there will never be a higher moment as a manly supporter for me than winning a GF 40-0 against a great team (over the cap), after losing the year before, and the way beaver went out.

Gods smiled down all at once that day. it will never be topped and whilst i enjoyed the GF win over the NZ's, and future GF's, my 'peak' has come and gone.

Good to relive the 76 highlights. On 2nd look there was no guarantee glover would have scored anyway! Eadie and Jackson are there in cover. The flying wedge was hilarious.

lloydy said:
Brilliant!! I wonder what clips they watch over at the Sharks fans forum?

Greg Cameron's hat trick in the 1979 Amco Cuo final because that's all they've got besides Phil rothfield :D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2