SPOILER:Manly v Souths news and chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Ok no Hoppa, Matai and has anyone heard how Wolfy is?

Team I think may be selected

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon
Dean Whare
Michael Oldfield 
Keiran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Brent Kite
Matt Ballin
Jason King
Anthony Watmough
Joe Galavuo
Glenn Stewart
Res:
George Rose
Jamie Buhrer 
Tim Robinson 
Vic Mauro
Shane Rodney
Darcy Lussick

RE: Manly v Souths news and chat

I'd go with what you have above Berks, but Rodney to start.

Mauro to drop off the extended bench.

Is Joe g out? I thought his hand wasn't broken and just had the flu.

Why does everyone think Rodney will start? His last comeback was in NSW cup so why would you assume he will walk right back into the starting lineup?

Also, Not sure on Vic Mauro yet. Maybe i've been picking on all his faults and not seeing the good. Will watch closely this weekend and give either a glorious os scathing report next week. Look out for it!

Eagles pack gets boost

THE Sea Eagles have received a triple treat with three key forwards set to make comebacks in this Sunday afternoon’s clash with South Sydney at Brookvale Oval.

Hardworking secondrower Shane Rodney is on the verge of making his long awaited return after being sidelined since round one when he dislocated his shoulder playing in a NSW Cup game.

In addition, prop Brent Kite has recovered from broken ribs and hooker Terence Seuseu has overcome a knee injury which gives coach Des Hasler plenty of quality to choose from.

Rodney’s final hurdle to getting a clearance comes when he undergoes an exhaustive fitness test on Wednesday.

Provided Rodney comes through that OK he could also come into the mix for a place in the squad to take on the Rabbitohs.

The return of the trio is timely as Manly has Anthony Watmough and possibly Glenn Stewart on duty for NSW in Wednesday night’s all-important Origin clash.

For Rodney, getting back onto the field again will end months of frustration after undergoing surgery to repair his damaged shoulder.

That injury came in his comeback game in the NSW Cup after he injured his knee in round 24 last year.

“I didn’t have any trial games so the reason I played there was to get some match fitness,” Rodney said.

Finally he can see the reward for those countless hours of rehab.

And if Rodney gets the call-up from Hasler he will be ready to go.

“I’ve been doing a fair bit of running and training on and off with the boys for the last three or four weeks which has been good,” he said.

Rodney will sit down with Hasler to see what his plans are.

“I’d love to be straight in there,” he said.

” I’m just looking forward to getting a game - and hopefully this weekend. We’ll see how it pans out.”

After so long out this is really like the start of the season for Rodney.

“The boys have had a long season already and hopefully I can slot in there and add to the team,” he said.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/eagles-pack-gets-boost/

Manly v South Sydney, Brookvale Oval, Sunday 3pm (EST)
The Adjudicator says: "The high-flying Sea Eagles came back to earth with a thud when a near full-strength Dragons reclaimed the title of competition favourites in round 16. But apart from that, everything has been running like clockwork at Brookvale Oval - right down to Des Hasler's game day routine trip to his favourite Harbord salon for a blow-dry and perm. Brett Stewart looks to be nearing peak form, and I sense with a week to freshen up Manly's favourite son will be all over the Rabbits like a good thing in the red rug at Wenty Park.  Souths were simply awful against the Sharks last week; Chris Sandow might be starting to focus more on memorising the directions from Redfern to Parramatta than on directing his troops to the try line, while John Sutton's only appearance on the highlight reel came when he knocked teammate James Roberts into touch from the opening kick-off."

The Adjudicator's verdict: "Dessie's boys might be serving Rabbit stew as main for the Manly faithful on Sunday afternoon. You wascally Wabbits have until Friday to tell me otherwise."

Im worried about this game, i bet Souths play well against us just like most average teams have this year. We better come out and play with intent and look to really run a score up against them.

torana355 said:
Im worried about this game, i bet Souths play well against us just like most average teams have this year. We better come out and play with intent and look to really run a score up against them.

I agree. Souths will be majorly motivated and will put in big time. Their season and player's spots are on the line.

Yes last week poor effort may not help us - Taylor is their go to man and GI should be a bit too tired after Origin.

Definitely a danger game boys....just like last year at Brookie when they beat us

Souths will be ashamed by their last outing and will be looking bigtime to make amends.

Looks like it'll be a dry track, overcast and 25% chance of showers, cold fresh S/SW winds, 16 degrees C so bring your woollens

Lol Inglis tired from what ?
Chasing the hotdog seller

The Wheel said:
Yes last week poor effort may not help us - Taylor is their go to man and GI should be a bit too tired after Origin.

By my reckoning Taylor will not run out, so no 'go to man'. And Inglis will be injured on Wednesday night. Good to read that the Adjudicator didn't fall for the rubbish that the Goons were down troops when they beat us. His assessment is fair and we'll be up for this one. Souffs are rubbish.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Lol Inglis tired from what ?
Chasing the hotdog seller

The Wheel said:

GI will be tired from running rings around those useless c*nts in blue! and isn't taylor suspended for 5 weeks?

bazeagle said:
torana355 said:

I agree. Souths will be majorly motivated and will put in big time. Their season and player's spots are on the line.

Im full of confidence, after the dissapointment of last weeks loss we will be out for redemption in our home soil . Dessie will have the boys pumped up BIG TIME . We will go out to show evryone that we are real premiership contenders, our pride and reputation is on the line.The bunnies will be also be pumped up but at Brookie the bunnies will be full of fluff.

Just on the backline do you think that Dessie would play Choc at centre in a one off for Matai given that Beaver played short stints at centre.

Choc has the speed and could play a similar role to Matai and it would lighten his load after Origin.

Nothing new, Choc has played center before. I don't think we gain anything from playing him there though.

It doesn't seem like that long ago that most of you were crying about how little Des utilized the junior players, now we're scrambling to find some veteran player to plug into the gap?

Let Whare play IMO, deserves a shot so we can see if he is up to it.

BOZO said:
bazeagle said:
torana355 said:

Im full of confidence, after the dissapointment of last weeks loss we will be out for redemption in our home soil . Dessie will have the boys pumped up BIG TIME . We will go out to show evryone that we are real premiership contenders.

I don't think any result this weekend will convince the doubters of our premiership contention. Let's face facts, we have lost 4 games this year, 3 of them to the Scum, Chokers & the girls, who just happen to be the other 3 teams in the top 4 and the other contenders. If anything this simple statistic should cause us all to temper our statements of grandeur.

Don't get me wrong, I think we have major improvement in us and with luck on the injury front we should be there abouts.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2