Sponsors are now dumping the Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
read this just then:

There is no end in sight to the fallout from the Melbourne Storm salary cap fiasco, with two sponsors dumping the troubled NRL club.

Major sponsor ME Bank announced this morning it was withdrawing its support for the club after yesterday's revelations forced a rethink.

"ME Bank believes in the principles of strong governance, transparency, integrity and fairness and we seek to ensure that all of our corporate and community partnerships uphold these same values," chief executive Jamie McPhee said.

In addition to that:Sportswear manufacturer SKINS, a fourth-tier sponsor whose latest advertising campaign slogan is "cheat legal", also dumped the club.
Also Host Plus is weighing up its options atm and is tipped to pull out also.
They have been deserted,this in itself could mean the end of them imo,as i doubt any new prospective sponsors would want to go near them atm.

Unless News Ltd is prepared to pump more cash into them I can see this being their last season.

Here come the Bears - who will Tookey & ryan support now?

News Ltd's pockets ae deep and with their pay tv interests they will not want to surrender Melb.

I had a little smile on my face when I saw footage of Melbourne with ME Bank on their jumpers.

I kind of thought it stood for ME 2.

Not a good look for a bank to be caught up in a salary cap problem.

The Wheel link said:
Unless News Ltd is prepared to pump more cash into them I can see this being their last season.

Maybe the central coast bears storm newslimited sharks team?

tookey link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=183116.msg260344#msg260344 date=1271988740]

Maybe the central coast bears storm newslimited sharks team?
[/quote]

Has a certain ring (not premiership) to it.

Their 2 main ones are now gone, and Kooga is considering whether they want them to wear their jerseys or not

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6