Sponsorship is more than money.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

weev

Bencher
Manly Sea Eagles should not be a sponsor for-

- gambling companies
- drug companies (including alcohol which is, of course,  a drug)
- environmental destruction businesses (eg, Gunns)
- any other unethical business that you wouldn't want to talk positively about to your kids

That's it, build your brand by co-branding with respectable companies.

Why not a sport, green or tourism organisation???

Let the Sea Eagle fly, but not to the smoke-filled dank back-rooms of gamblers.

Club admins - please make the right choice!

Sponsorship is also an alignment of values.

I personally agree with you but footy is a business. Do Tiger fans drive Proton Cars, do St G supporters bank with St George, etc.

Now a fun activity would be to match a sponsor product with the team.

Eg Melbourne - WWF, Warriors - Navman (Whenever they are away from home they get lost), West Tigers - Carefree Tampons (Good once every four weeks), etc

Oh the idealistic youth..........sponsorship IS money. What is so altruistic about commercial property development ??

Maybe Blackmores might be interested in sponsoring Manly?

A local company done good by producing vitamin supplements.

Bunch of bollocks.

Personally, I'd like Tooheys to give some of my money back.

The banning on ciggy advertising is already a hard enough hit on sport (yet the tobacco industry makes larger profits due to reduced marketing expenses).

Through the competition we play in & it's affiliated media we're already involved with the worlds most morally bankrupt organisation.

Duff link said:
Through the competition we play in & it's affiliated media we're already involved with the worlds most morally bankrupt organisation.

and soon to be just bankrupt

Unfortunately you can't legislate morality.

I'd rather not see us aligned with Betfair or whatever it is simply because it leaves us vulnerable to inuendo if we lose games we're expected to win and/or open to accusation from other clubs that we're tipping off the bookmakers to injuries etc.

But Betfair wouldn't be around unless it was considered "acceptable" by a significant number of fans and the pragmatics are that club survival does require a large jersey sponsorship.  At the very least our discussions with this mob may pique the interest of others who want to be associated with our brand and/or drive up the asking price.

The only reason we are not able to use Betfair for jersey and shorts advertising is because the NRL already has an agreement with Tabcorp. The reality is most corporations are morally incompetent at best. A tourism company sounds good but then the questions will be asked about how sustainable they are. Blackmores sounds good but consistent medical trials have shown little to zero benefits from using most of their products. If it is legal they should just take the money.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6