Sportal - The Inside Word: Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Class of 96

Bencher
Good article...
Is anyone surprised Manly find themselves deep into the finals? They certainly aren't. Success is expected at the Sea Eagles but they come at it from a different angle than most clubs.
http://www.sportal.com.au/league/news/the-inside-word-manly-sea-eagles-252940

Fantastic article. Some of the other journos could learn a thing or two from this. Truth, not agenda driven crap. And written by ex manly daily writer, adam lucias

Its an article that is spot on and the moral of the story is that you can have a great team of players that you can buy but you cant buy spirit. This team is driven by that from their experiences and the ex players who instill to them what it means to play for Manly.

This is our strength and clubs like Parra can only dream to have this.

Started my day off well, great article!!! I guess it shows that winning is important but not at the expense of enjoyment. Very interesting to read about the 'laid back' approach. Only works if you have focused and driven personnel and leaders like Lyon etc...

I love the fact Tooves has enough trust and respect to treat the players like men...when I watch this team staggering almost exhausted I see Toovey's resilience all over the park...maybe that's the players way of returning loyalty.

"The Sea Eagles are the only club to have won premierships in each of the past five decades." And been in grand finals in each of the past seven decades. No one tops that record. No one.

Being able to guts it out has been a cornerstone of this club over the past 8-9 years (and in previous eras). As a fan what we want is for a 100% effort and a never-say-die attitude. If we get beaten it's never by much (with one exception - last year's final, but that was an anomaly). I don't think there is another club that has shown this trait over such a prolonged period.
This story also highlights how these on-field supermen are average down-to-earth guys off the field who enjoy a pizza, a beer and one another's company.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6