Sports Super - the new super fund for Manly members and supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Manly Sea Eagles have recently joined Sports Super, and as a result all Sea Eagles members and supporters are also eligible to join and use this as your super fund.

Sports Super is part of Australia’s largest super fund and has low fees for all members.

However, unlike all other superannuation programs, Sports Super will contribute a % of Manly members low fees back to the Sea Eagles.

If you’d like to find out more about Sports Super, including how you could potentially save money on your super fees and help Manly financially at the same time, please email [email protected] for more information.

This program is already providing Manly with a new source of income, and has the potential to be a significant and recurring revenue stream. See Des, Geoff and Lowie talk more about Sports Super at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aJ4T8RGa8Y

Please note that the contents and location of this thread were approved by Silvertail forum administrator Dan Hewes, and discussed with other Silvertails moderators and frequent users prior to posting.

Comments, thoughts and discussion are most welcome.

hi nathan some ppl are under the impression if manly did happen to fold in the next decade that they will lose their super  as well, please explain  that, that isnt the case..

Thanks jjai.
You are abslutely correct. Manly's financial security is extremely important to their administration, players and supporters. The Sports Super program is one way that staff, players and supporters can participate in aiding the ongoing financial security of Manly.

Sports Super is part of Australia's largest super fund managed by AMP. The Manly members and supporters who join Sports Super will be joining the super fund which also looks after the super benefits for the employees of Woolworths, Caltex, Channel Nine and Coke-Cola Amatil to name a few.

If Manly were to fold in the future, the super benefits of Sports Super members will not be affected in any way - they will still be a part of Australia's largest super fund.

We have received a number of enquiries from Silvertails forum members (please keep them coming via [email protected]) so I'll also address these in this thread.

What are the differences in fees paid by a Manly club member and Woolworths worker.

What % of your 'small fees' goes to the club?

Anually, what do you expect the financial benefit will be to the club in a $ figure?

Fro link said:
FMD what next?

Ads for Dominos Pizza?
  if they are going to sponsor manly well yes then  there will be ads  for dominoes..lol

well i put mine in general, but nathan asked dan if it was ok to put a blog up about it on here..

Thanks guys. Cognisant this is a footy forum, hence pre-clearing with some moderators. The footy aspect of this is the opportunity for supporters to contribute to the Club's financial security without having to dig into their pocket.

Re Flip's question, the default administration and investment fee for Manly members in Sports Super is 1%.
It's a numbers game as far as the financial contribution to Manly is concerned , in that if 1,000 Manly supporters each have $25,000 invested in their super funds, Manly will receive approximately $50,000 each and every year.

Really happy for further queries via [email protected]

well lets get 10,000 then & get em half a mill each yr ..lol

Unlocked -> SportsSuper asked me about this before posting

While good on you for trying to grow your business, which in that sector isnt the easiest thing to do, lets not dress it up as anything more than that.

The major benificiary of this is you and yours, which is fine, Dont try and tell us you are doing this "for Manly"

whats not nice about that?

i wasnt abusive at all, but the fact remains thats what it is.

Thanks Fro, as discussed offline, Manly are the major benefactors of all revenue generated from Manly members in the Sports Super program. Good on you for having your super sorted.

Sports Super link said:
Thanks Fro, as discussed offline, Manly are the major benefactors of all revenue generated from Manly members in the Sports Super program. Good on you for having your super sorted.
THAT last sentenced has me puzled does that mean fro has joined ????  ;D lol.. 

It's a personal choice. Super is an area just ripe for fees. Some of the fees from Sports Super go to the Sea Eagles. AMP has a rep of huge fees so just do the sums before committing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8