Sportsmanship/Gamesmenship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
When Robbie Farrah took a dive last year against Manly because Steve Mattai was in the same postcode as Robbie, he won his side a penalty and some slaps on the back from a few team mates. Im sure the story went down well in the sheds with a few brews as well

Steve on the other hand was far less impressed. Lets be honest the man they call shoulders can sail close, but he knows where he hit him, as anyone with eyes does as well

But thats footy, players milk the unmilkable , coaches test the refs and players test well....everything. Its there jobs

Coaches do their homework, know which players in the opposition to test and niggle , to spot in defence, who can and cant catch so when a player lays down in front of Mattai, it is probably no accident

But when a player lays down to get a penalty are they just looking for a kick for touch. With the refs inconsistency and that of the judiciary and loading, could a kick for touch and another set of 6 also include 6 weeks on the sideline for a player like steve, a loss of income, a fine, and possible a problems negotiating a new contract.

Players live by the mantra that happens on the field stays on the field but a single play can have many ramifications off the field as well.

Sometimes its luck of the draw but coaches dont believe in luck , they make their own, and firmly instuct their players to do so also. So did steve belt Robbie on his invisible 8th chin, did robbie take a dive hoping mattai didnt get him, or was it part of a plan.( gotta have some conspiracy, its game day)

So what started as gamesmanship, from a lack or sportsmanship, could just be a dog act really, and it has nothing to do with the on field mantra. Dont know how true it is but its a good story

Penrith got penalties for dropping the ball last week, it's probably not a good indicator. Having said that, I'm glad Manly players in general don't go for these low tactics. Burns hit Oldfield high and you wouldn't have known anything happened unless you saw the massive egg on Oldfield's head. There are plenty of players that have a reputation for it, Tigers and Titans players tend to be some of the worst.

Volley said:
It's Matai and Farah.

Thanks

Im so embarrassed

I will redo this and resubmit it at my earliest convenience. If i dont get it done tonight will i lose marks for handing it in late

Ive also got a shopping list i could do a hand with

Apologies, I don't actually give a **** how you spell Farah; the little diving gimp. Hope Matai smacks the little merkin. Legit of course.

Im serious, last week i forget to dot and I on my shopping list and came home with 18 rolls of tollet papaer.

all good volley, im having some fun. Its friday

Nothing like a Friday man. Might play some Rebecca Black when I get out of the office to pump me up some more.

showing my age, I had to google rebecca black. Having a listen now as i type reply

Always been into the blues and more recently gospel, cajun music
anyway no harm done, ive learnt about rebecca, you learnt im a smartarse, its friday, manlys on and its all good

"Here we go again, Matai and Farah, Farah took a dive and his dick's kinda narra, it just goes to show how a Tiger can lay down and squeal, how do ya feel?"

Ron E. Gibbs said:
"Here we go again, Matai and Farah, Farah took a dive and his dick's kinda narra, it just goes to show how a Tiger can lay down and squeal, how do ya feel?"

I used to love the Toohey's ads, the Parra vs Manly, the surfboat rowing ones etc. Hmmm... shows my age. :(
Wow! Ron E. That's got a great beat.
Wonder if the boys can do a rendition of that at season's end!

lismore_fan said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:

I used to love the Toohey's ads, the Parra vs Manly, the surfboat rowing ones etc. Hmmm... shows my age. :(
Wow! Ron E. That's got a great beat.
Wonder if the boys can do a rendition of that at season's end!

And Malcolm Johnston rides a winner and doesn't splatter the field doing so(lol)!I think Mike Whitney might have won a cricket match (or was it Rixon?)

And Malcolm Johnston rides a winner and doesn't splatter the field doing so(lol)!I think Mike Whitney might have won a cricket match (or was it Rixon?)

It was Whitney with the big dive to make his ground.... Great old adds :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4