Spotted In the Stands

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

paski_10

Did anyone spot one Michael Bani in the Jane Try stand last night? He was sitting just a few seats up from where I was. You think he could be sniffing for a return to Brookie?

Can remember when he first hit first grade in 07, he looked really good, but he's never gone on with it.  I don't think injuries have helped.  We made a great bargain swapping him for Farrar.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

He'd be ok for The Sunshine Coast in the event of injury...but nothing more. That being said, if we have T-Rex on the bench next year - there would be zero need for him.

IMO, our team from 07/08 was very, very tight knit - hence why we see Ox, Bani & co. all supporting each other, even when they still don't play for us.

The new guys in JWH, Tasi, Hodko, Perry and co. unfortunately in my opinion don't share that value...and it's what is needed to have a Premiership team...

Hopefully we ween them all out, and we get that brotherhood mentality back again 2011.

That's what makes Matai saying he wants so much to play in our jersey a better character and team player in my opinion. He is an integral part of our team, and I'm SOOOO glad he's remaining with us....hopefully for good.

Like Wiki in his later years, I reckon a 28-29 year old Matai would make a mean mofo backrower with a bit of extra meat on his bones.

Ryan link said:
IMO, our team from 07/08 was very, very tight knit - hence why we see Ox, Bani & co. all supporting each other, even when they still don't play for us.

The new guys in JWH, Tasi, Hodko, Perry and co. unfortunately in my opinion don't share that value...and it's what is needed to have a Premiership team...
Ryan, Perry was a member of our 2008 premiership team...

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184557.msg282800#msg282800 date=1281234084]

Ryan, Perry was a member of our 2008 premiership team...
[/quote]

I know....and he played differently at that stage as well.

Bani, won't forget that match he came in for against the Cows in the prelim final of 07, he looked dynamite. Once he had a few injuries he has never looked close to that player

Dodgy shoulders worried this guy. When confident his defence was good. Had genuine speed and did well for us at time. I will never forget the try at Parra stadium!! Injury cut short what could have been a great Manly career. That said, Farrar was a good swap and it worked in our favour.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Bani, won't forget that match he came in for against the Cows in the prelim final of 07, he looked dynamite. Once he had a few injuries he has never looked close to that player

That game was a part of my bucks night, i vaugely remember that try :)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4