Squad Balance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
I hope the reason some of these signings haven't been announced, is because they haven't been made, or we are still evaluating everything.

I agree with @Fluffy about our lack of depth next season given that list. I was told that list is great exaggerated, and I hope that's true.

End of the day, our contracted players ARE contracted - so if they dig their heels in, they are depth in our top 25 worst case scenario.

Look, I understand that the club is taking the opportunity now, knowing full well Matty Ballin may be retiring in 12-24 months to acquire really young guys, as they are available now - BUT DO NOT BURN YOUR PLAYERS. We have seen the result of that these past 18 months.

In a perfect world, where flowers bloom, the water is milo/milk, and noone has to work, I'd love this (and think this is GF quality that Barrett would luckily inherit).

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Api Koroisou
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Willie Mason

18. Clinton Gutherson
19. Peta Hiku
20. Matt Parcell
21. Jese Sene-Lefeo
22. Josh Starling
23. Blake Leary
24. Addison Demetriou
25. Liam Knight
26. Michael Chee Kam
27. Luke Burgess

Depth, depth, depth.

Players of note unfortunately gone: Justin Horo, Kieran Foran, Jack Littlejohn, Tyson Andrews, James Hasson.

We then have the 2nd tier and NYC cap to cater for guys like:

Riley Travers
Manaia Rudolph

and many, many others....

Would people feel more comfortable with a squad like above?

I hope the reason some of these signings haven't been announced, is because they haven't been made, or we are still evaluating everything.

I agree with @Fluffy about our lack of depth next season given that list. I was told that list is great exaggerated, and I hope that's true.

End of the day, our contracted players ARE contracted - so if they dig their heels in, they are depth in our top 25 worst case scenario.

Look, I understand that the club is taking the opportunity now, knowing full well Matty Ballin may be retiring in 12-24 months to acquire really young guys, as they are available now - BUT DO NOT BURN YOUR PLAYERS. We have seen the result of that these past 18 months.

In a perfect world, where flowers bloom, the water is milo/milk, and noone has to work, I'd love this (and think this is GF quality that Barrett would luckily inherit).

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Api Koroisou
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Willie Mason

18. Clinton Gutherson
19. Peta Hiku
20. Matt Parcell
21. Jese Sene-Lefeo
22. Josh Starling
23. Blake Leary
24. Addison Demetriou
25. Liam Knight
26. Michael Chee Kam
27. Luke Burgess

Depth, depth, depth.

Players of note unfortunately gone: Justin Horo, Kieran Foran, Jack Littlejohn, Tyson Andrews, James Hasson.

Riley Travers
Manaia Rudolph

The reason why they haven't been announced is Barrett is still sorting out who he wants and who he is getting rid of.

The reason why they haven't been announced is Barrett is still sorting out who he wants and who he is getting rid of.

In that case, I really hope he has been watching the last fortnight of football for us.

I'm sure as hell he'd be grinning ear to ear right. He's inheriting a Porsche here.

Players deserving of a spot (Ballin) are deserving.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Api Koroisou
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Lewis Brown
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Blake Leary
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Willie Mason

18. Clinton Gutherson
19. Peta Hiku
20. Matt Parcell
21. Jese Sene-Lefeo
22. Josh Starling
23. Blake Leary
24. Addison Demetriou
25. Liam Knight
26. Michael Chee Kam
27. Luke Burgess

Depth, depth, depth.

Riley Travers
Manaia Rudolph

Pretty much the team I would want too ,only with a couple of small changes ...
(Expand above to see changes)

If we can find a world class goal kicker it will be a big step forward, if you look at the current top sides, they all possess great kickers. I would like to see some more depth in the centres too cause we need cover for Killer and Skivvy.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Api Koroisou
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Nate Myles
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Lewis Brown
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Darcy Lussick
17. Willie Mason

18. Clinton Gutherson
19. Peta Hiku
20. Matt Parcell
21. Jese Sene-Lefeo
22. Josh Starling
23. Blake Leary
24. Addison Demetriou
25. Liam Knight
26. Michael Chee Kam
27. Luke Burgess

Depth, depth, depth.

Riley Travers
Manaia Rudolph

IF this team makes the eight, even if they go no further, you have a new culture here. These players have been through hell together and to make it through all of that - they could pretty much sign the whole lot for next year and you have a culture ready made and a team that can challenge for the premiership.

You would question why management would sign/fire a whole bunch of players when a ready made culture is in place.

Players I would let go now are Luke Burgess, Kieran Foran, Jack Littlejohn, Tyson Andrews, James Hasson so pretty much the ones going already.

BTW where is Horo going?. Has he signed elsewhere?. He was excellent again last night.

Agree with your squad Robbiea, but are you sure about Matt Parcell? And Luke Burgess is tolerable if it makes Sam B a probability, not a possibility.

Agree with your squad Robbiea, but are you sure about Matt Parcell? And Luke Burgess is tolerable if it makes Sam B a probability, not a possibility.
Too be honest I just listed up to Willie.The rest was Ryans Yart.
Also ,if I thought there was a possibility of Sam coming ,I would definitely be keeping Luke right in the mix.
I wouldn't be giving up on JSL either ,I really think there might be something special there.

We won't go far if Koroisau is our first string 5/8. There is a reason he is 3rd choice in that spot for Penrith. I'm hoping we are going to sign someone decent for the 6 next year. I don't watch the NYC so I don't know how we are looking in halves depth, hopefully there are a couple there to look towards in 2-3 seasons, but we need something quality there for the next couple of years otherwise DCE will just get marked out of it if he is our only playmaking option. Especially if we persist with Ballin at 9 for 80 minutes a game, if we don't have attacking options out of dummy half then even more important we have them on both sides of the ruck.

Apart from that the squad isn't too bad. I'm hoping that Jake Turbo really keeps developing and becomes that real X factor forward that we seem to be lacking. Someone who can blow a game open with a big run or good offload. That's another area we are a bit lacking in, a real impact forward.

By the way add Sao and Lui to your not here next year list. Both would be in the mix for the top 17 if they were hanging around

If we can find a world class goal kicker it will be a big step forward, if you look at the current top sides, they all possess great kickers. I would like to see some more depth in the centres too cause we need cover for Killer and Skivvy.
More depth in the centres?
In the side Ryan named there are 4 players capable of playing centre - and have done so for this club already in both 1sts, NSW cup and 20s - Gutherson, Hiku, Chee Kam and Demetriou although I've heard along the lines and in this forum that MCK has signed with the tigs although I hope it not to be true. I think we are covered pretty well in the centres.

Ideally,

1. Stewart
2. Tafua
3. Matai
4. Hiku
5. Tom T
6. Lyon
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Ballin
10. Myles
11. Mateo
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Brown
15. Lussick
16. Lawrence
17. Korasi

Then in Reserve Grade

1. Gutherson
2. Charlie Taylor
3. Satini
4. Williame
5. Berryman
6. Mania Rudolph
7. Josh McCrone
8. Josh Starling
9. Matt Parcell
10. Luke Burgess
11. Jesse Sene Lafeo
12. Blake Leary
13. Chee Kam (if still here)

14. Addison Demetriou
15. Liam Knight
16. Jessie Ramien
17. Will Pearsall

Ideally,

1. Stewart
2. Tafua
3. Matai
4. Hiku
5. Tom T
6. Lyon
7. DCE
8. Jake T
9. Ballin
10. Myles
11. Mateo
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Brown
15. Lussick
16. Lawrence
17. Korasi

Then in Reserve Grade

1. Gutherson
2. Charlie Taylor
3. Satini
4. Williame
5. Berryman
6. Mania Rudolph
7. Josh McCrone
8. Josh Starling
9. Matt Parcell
10. Luke Burgess
11. Jesse Sene Lafeo
12. Blake Leary
13. Chee Kam (if still here)

14. Addison Demetriou
15. Liam Knight
16. Jessie Ramien
17. Will Pearsall

I would bring up Addison Demetriou at 8,10,
Liam Knight 13
Charlie Taylor can play 1, 2, 5, 3, 4 and apparently can play either side of field comfortably. Probably have him playing centre in this side

We are in a spot of bother with Gutherson and Trbojevic,

They are both outstanding young prospects, however with our backline set, they'll have to bide their time and cover during injuries and rep season.

Hopefully they'll stick around knowing that Matai and Lyon will be retiring in the next year or two and the spots will open up for them.

We are in a spot of bother with Gutherson and Trbojevic,

They are both outstanding young prospects, however with our backline set, they'll have to bide their time and cover during injuries and rep season.

Hopefully they'll stick around knowing that Matai and Lyon will be retiring in the next year or two and the spots will open up for them.

I actually think both are better than Hiku mate - feel bad saying that, but I really believe it.

I think they're all good and bring something to the table.

There is no way in hell we would have an NZ international playing NSW cup.

I personally agree with Tommy on the wing, however i would hate to lose Hiku to another club. He has such great utility value.

Tommy and Gutho are signed on for another three years. Once Matai and Lyon are retired, Gutherson and Hiku in the centres and Tommy on the wing.

We may see Gutho at 6 next year with a new coach. I think he would go great guns but it would leave one spot for Hiku and trbjovic to fight for. People are way to harsh on Hiku on this forum. If he was to consistently hold down a centre spot he would be a lot better for it. If we constantly moved any other player between wing fullback and centre I think they would struggle for form also. Victim of his versatility.

Hypothetical: If Whare came back would you rather him or Hiku in post Killer/Matai - future state centre combo?

Gutherson WILL be a starting centre & most likely Lyon will be the 6....also keep Parcell pretty close to the 17 - signed to be part of it & would already be in plenty of NRL sides today - Broncos just have an abundance of this explosive ball running player like Milford, Hunt, Nikorima ect

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2