Sri Lankan fans attempt to get away with murder

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Sri Lankan cricketers shot in Pakistan
AAP / with Yahoo!7 - March 3, 2009, 3:38 pm

Several Sri Lankan cricket players were shot and wounded on Tuesday when their bus came under fire in Pakistan's eastern city of Lahore , their manager Brenden Kurrupu told AFP.

It has been reported that spinner Kumar Sangakkara, Thilan Samaraweera, Ajantha Mendis and Tharanga Paranavithana were among the wounded.

Sri Lankan skipper Mahela Jayawardene also reportedly phoned his father and told him he was shot in the foot.

The incident happened on the road from the teams' hotel to the Gadaffi stadium, where a Test match is being held.

"It appears that our team bus was targeted on the way to the match. It appears that four of our cricketers have been injured and taken to the hospital," a Sri Lankan cricket official told an Indian TV channel from Colombo.

The gunfire is reported to have continued for 25 minutes. Two bombs were also thrown at the convoy.

At least 12 gunmen have been reported to be involved in the attack.

The Sri Lankans got choppered straight out of the stadium and will be on the first plane home. Test abandoned and series over. It'll be a while before Pakistan hosts another test.

When I posted this it was breaking news. If I had known how serious it all turned out I doubt I would have attempted any humour.

MB I'm not offended at all so dont take this the wrong way, however when the first line of the article reads "Several Sri Lankan cricket players were shot and wounded", I reckon it's a given that its quite serious...

i think its very misleading, why would the sri lankan fans shoot their own team?

Had it read Pakistani then it would have been more appropriate.

The Pakistani police have fininshed counting the bullets. Sri Lanka are 7/356 after the first day of the Test

Can't take credit for that, received as a text message today. Doesn't take long.

Sri Lanka have called for a couple of replacement players

Somejerk Shotmeup and Imranaway Fromagun

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4