Stacey Jones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
For those that haven't heard, he has announced his comeback for the Warriors next season

Could be very, very interesting to watch. He won't be at the level his was, which was at the very top, but will still provide enough to them to make them a far tougher proposition than they were with Rovelli and Fien guiding them round.

If he can find any sort of form, and start getting the backs working on the back of their forwards, they could be a threat next season

That might explain why the Warriors have already told Fien he won't be retained beyond next season. Interesting news. I always loved watching Stacey Jones play.

Heard they're trying to offload Witt as well.  The warriors went nowhere with Jones as half and will go nowhere in the future.  They need to look to the future and not the past.  Jones is way to old and wont be able to keep up.  Don't they have a decent half in the twenties?   

Nowhere with Jones ? He took them to a GF and 3 straight finals appearances, was a good player. Never delivered the ultimate though

They have signed Foran and Moon and the 20s blokes were pretty good, maybe they thought Jones' experience would pay off

Jones was pretty average in 04 and 05, and so were the Warriors.
A 3 year hiatus from the NRL and a year off makes me very skeptical.

True again Pepi, he and Anderson couldn't stand each other I read in his book

He admitted himself he won't be the player he was, but even at 50% i suppose he will offer more than Witt and Rovelli

I would hate it if Beaver came back to us in a couple of years, his sendoff from manly was perfect this season

I guess his experience could be great for Foran and Moon who are only 20-21.

Arghh speaking of send offs didn't Stacey snatch a game from us at Brookie with a late try in 05 in his last  game?

NZ could do with him right now.

I'm glad, one of my favourite non Manly players, hope he goes well and his body holds up.

Foran may be disappointed, wasn't he saying he was ready to lead a side and didn't want to sit behind Cronk any longer?

Jones should stay retired.  Comebacks never work and this one will end in disappointment.  09 is Manly's year again so they'll just make up the numbers with or without Jones.  One thing I'd love to see is Beaver coming back and playing one game for us to knock of Lamb's record.  He was such a cheap nasty grub of a player.

Warriors could always pair Helen Clark with him in the halves.  She'll be looking for a gig and couldn't be any worse than Witt.

He is only 32, bringing him back will only improve things for the warriors.  That is not hard when you have Rovelli/Witt and Fien as your halves.

Garts, he was a well used 32.  Jones should stay over in Europe and enjoy the soft fields and large money.  It's a young man's game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2