Stand tall, be proud and don't whinge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
Apart from our last tackle options and the Cronk try, we did it all. 

REMEMBER we weren't full strength and they were.
The home ground advantage meant nothing as Archer played to what he was told to do.

We WILL win the Grand Final.  MNF can come in and try to be amusing with it's crap but we all know it's a joke now.

DON'T WHINGE!!  that's what everyone else expects us to do.  WE DON'T CARE REMEMBER?  Back our boys and we will win the premiership. 

The best bit is we can go under the radar again.  We have a tough road ahead now as Matai and G Stewart might not play next week. 

Storm will have...sorry, SHOULD have some players suspended from tonight but they won't...

MANLY FOREVER

Yeah I'm proud of em, but disappointed though

does it seem that we have killed off the psychological thing they have over us or maybe lowered it a bit

Yep if you take the Cronk try away (oh Beaver) and add on the Snake should have been, well it puts a whole new take on the game.

I just hope it shows the boys that the storm are gettable and with Killer and Princess to come back who knows.

I think the club needs to make some noise as do other clubs, this crap goes on almost every week with the storm, if it's not in the headlines it will not go away.

A $10000 fine for Dessie now might be a great investment later in the year.

STOP!  i just saw something from that tigers v dragons game just then -

Tigers had penalty but ran the ball, made a LOT of metres as the Dragons expected a kick.  We need to do that since Orford made maybe 20m max off a pen kick tonight.

I'm still thinking that if we forced some repeat sets then we would have won for sure.  100%

Carry on  ;D

It's all very well to have a love fest but the bottom line is that we had enough chances to win 6 games tonight and we choked on it. Orford was ordinary, we dropped a lot of pill and we let them dictate terms. We won't win the comp with performances like that. The Storm get a lot of leg ups and they are a bunch of cats, but they play to the edge of the rules and they know how to control a game.

You can sugar coat it however you want to but we weren't good enough. We needed a performance like we had against the Sharks, a no mistake, high intensity game. Instead we lost our way and showed no composure, nor respect for the pill. We lack a leader who can stand up and take control when the chips are down and things are tight. Orford isn't that person, neither is Beaver sadly. I think Lyon is the key to our chances this year in that regard, he takes the pressure off Orford and he can produce some individual brilliance to turn a game.

[quote author=eggson link=topic=178105.msg192606#msg192606

I'm still thinking that if we forced some repeat sets then we would have won for sure.  100%

[/quote]

Yep - Orford's option taking was 80% wrong all night.  If he can improve that even to 50% we will beat them.

We cowed their forwards tonight.  Slater and Inglis were the only things that kept them in the game.

And good on Kite for landing one on that filthy dog Crocker.

****in archer cannot ref manly Vs melbourne again and steve clark should be shot.

We were the better all over the park.

Look, the storm's first try was assisted by two forward passes that I saw, but the other two were pretty soft.  Choc had his normal game, dropped a couple and gave a penalty  or two as did Perry.  Orford is playing sore.  And, unfortunatly, he's never been able to apply pressure when in the attacking zone.  I didn't think we played well and only went down by 6.  Not bad as I know we can play much better.  We'll be there in the GF and hopefully bring our best game.   

Like I said in the game chat threat, we may have been beaten but they all put in & never gave up. Look at the bright side of things. At least we didn't get thrashed like our previous last encounters with them & we are still on top of the comp on for & against & I think we can beat them next time we meet, especially with Killer & King to come back from injury.

Our players should take good confidence out of this game. The team is understrength against a full strength storm.

Maybe some nerves and errors but heaps of passion. Last play options were easily nullified, so not really enough chances. Lyon should add some diversity there.

I don't think Manly will be scared of the Storm in the Finals. Psychologically, I think the Storm will be rattled.

And what happened to home ground luck of the rub. The Storm really do get some good calls.  It's as if they, like the referee, were both payed and contracted employees of some tyrannical string pulling mogul?

I'm very confident we can beat them after that.

Their flukey try off a kick was allowed, ours wasn't.

I thought Quinn deserved a send off for that tackle or on report at the very least.

I'm sure the match review look at it. While they are at it they should check out Slaters blatant knees into Matai when he dived for that grubber in the in goal. Slater had no chance of beating him to the ball, yet he arrived with knees cocked and slammed them into Stevies hip. Just another cheap shot from the grub. 

Chip & Chase link said:
While they are at it they should check out Slaters blatant knees into Matai when he dived for that grubber in the in goal. Slater had no chance of beating him to the ball, yet he arrived with knees cocked and slammed them into Stevies hip. Just another cheap shot from the grub. 

They wont do **** to slater, the fact he got 1 week for running into a 25m into a fight shows that, and even if they did charge him he'd just use the wookie defence and get off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUP5GzHIojU&feature=related

Realisticaly 2 tries that went their way one lucky bounce from a kick through, & another that was from a missed tackle nothing to boast about.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4