Starling and Lawrence futures

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Any updates on these two ? When are they due back ?

Was realy impressed with Starling towards the end of last season, especially in our last semi vs Dogs.

As for Lawrence he was gong backwards, and being dominated too many times. Too small for my liking. No use having the quickest ever front rower when he isn't doing the job of a front rower.

Next year will be big for both of them. Sink or swim kind of thing. With Lussick, Myles (and perhaps Birdy too?) coming it may help Lawrence and Starling lift their games. Conversely they may look inferior in comparison. If its the latter then its the bench or ta ta, imo

As for Lawrence he was gong backwards, and being dominated too many times. Too small for my liking. No use having the quickest ever front rower when he isn't doing the job of a front rower.

He was trying to play through what turned out to be a serious back problem. I did update his progress yesterday in another thread. The gutz of it been he's busting his arse to get back on the field this year. I agree re front-row, I do think back-row is a better fit for him. His speed is wasted in the middle of the ruck.

I still reckon with Myles and possibly Lussick in the pack these 2 could offer heaps. It's hard to judge cause they're been injured so long( like everyone else ffs!!!!!!!!!)
Yeah 2016 is the play for new contract year for these guys. (And a lot of others)

I like Lawrence as a player, I dont think we should let him go. his speed and size would be very handy in the back row if you dont think he is big enough for the front. why waste money on bird when lawrence could do the same job, if not better. we just need a couple of big boppers up front. but there just doesnt seem to be any around. surely england has some?

He was trying to play through what turned out to be a serious back problem. I did update his progress yesterday in another thread. The gutz of it been he's busting his arse to get back on the field this year. I agree re front-row, I do think back-row is a better fit for him. His speed is wasted in the middle of the ruck.
I heard through a mate connected to him that after his operation he has never felt better and its only a matter of time before he is back to his best and maybe even better. They arent rushing him back into 1st grade though. Although they might be forced to if Sao and Burgess are out for the season.

Starling has to be re-signed for next year.

He has been injured much of this year but is making it count when he gets an opportunity.
179 metres off the bench yesterday. I don't know how he made it onto the supposed 'hit-list' given his performances when not injured this year.
I don't think it is his perormances that got him on the hit list, more like we have an abundance of props next year. Myles,Lussick,Lawrence,Trebojevic but Starlo might still be retained.

Starling is developing into a real Glenn Hall type. Unfortunately it appears he will continue to develop elsewhere next year.

And Leary is developing nicely. Could be a longer term option in the hooking role.

I seem to remember these two being an integral part of a team that just last year led the competition until the last round. I know that "that was then, this is now", but both of them go well enough when fit. A prop rotation of Jake, Myles, Lussick, Lawrence, Starling and whomever else I've forgotten won't be far off the pace..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8